Wednesday 12 December 2018

Christmas can't come soon enough

I'm fed up with blogging at the moment, man. I need a week off. I'm knackered. And I reckon this blog is stopping me from doing the recordings of my songs.

Never mind. Okay. Just this post. And one tomorrow. Then, er ... next week, the last week before Christmas, six more, I suppose. Then I can have a rest. Yippee. Uh.

Music? What am I listening to? Well, before the Channel Four News comes on ... Aladdin Sane by David Bowie. The album.

Listen. I'm worried about making recordings and then trying to decide which takes to use.

It doesn't matter. Maybe. Well, it does. / Bob Dylan only did one take for It's All Over Now, Baby Blue, but if you listen carefully you can hear that the guitar is all fucked up at the end of the song. Due to Dylan not holding the chords down properly. The producer tried to hide this by lowering the volume on the guitar track. And this isn't something I've read in a book on Dylan, dear reader(s). I can just tell.

I'm not sure I can be that lax. I've got to make a massive impression with only four songs. If you look on Twitter, dear pop fan(s), you will find loads of artists who have released numerous self-financed albums - and no one gives a shit. You dig? Most of them are good performers, actually. It's just that their songs are too weak. At least I've got my songs sorted.

Songs are the most important thing.

I only did two takes of Round the Bend.

I worry too much, man.

Okay, okay. Drive-In Saturday. Bowie was trying to write another All The Young Dudes with this. He failed. You shouldn't try to recapture a moment like that. / I was sad after writing Nothing because I thought I wouldn't get another great song like it. However, now I have Malibu, which is great in a different way. / So ... be different all the time! Yes? Yes!

Definitely!

As you know(?), dear kook(s), I did close to a thousand takes of You're Lying. The thing is, I could do a better job of it now in only one take because I've improved so much.

So what am I worried about?!?!

I'm so silly. Seriously!

Oh, I'm not writing about music any more. This is a finance blog. My songs will be on Twitter next year.

Right. Laters!