Monday 10 December 2018

I've been invited to another event!

Wow! I'm so popular! But I ain't got no time, man. I can't be going to events when I've got a blog to write and a guitar to play. 'These people are crazy, boss! Who's invited you this time?' Oh, hello, Voice. Did you have a nice weekend? 'Yeah.' What did you do? 'I floated around the astral plane.' Oh, okay. What will you be doing at Christmas? Visiting your folks, I suppose. 'Yeah, yeah.' On the astral plane? 'Yeah. Where else?!' Okay. / Well, anyway ...

Hi Michael,

I hope this finds you well?

The UK Business Angels Association is delighted to invite you to their Future Forward Winter Investment Forum on 12th December for a half day investment forum followed by a networking light buffet supper.


Okay, okay. They are not actually sure if this finds me well, hence the question mark, which is very smart. 'Because you're rarely "well", boss.’ Exactly! But they have hope. And we should all have hope.

By day you'll hear from leaders in the early stage and angel investment community, followed by interactive panel discussions to explore the trends and developments from 2018 for investing in business growth and the opportunities ahead in a post-Brexit 2019. Succeeding the day's activities, you'll have the opportunity to network with leading industry leading experts as we move our discussions into the evening and share a light buffet supper and drinks reception.

Okay, Okay. Do you see the problem, dear reader(s)? [Besides the double leadings.] They're talking about the opportunities ahead in a post-Brexit 2019. 'Ha!' Well, maybe there'll be opportunities for certain hedge fund managers, man, because I was reading earlier that they're shorting the British economy, hoping it will collapse, like. And the funny thing is, a lot of these hedgies are Brexiters who bankrolled the Leave campaign. 'Ha, ha!' And they've got the nerve to call themselves patriots! / Now, try telling this to your average Brexit voter in the street and their eyes will glaze over. 'Ha, ha, ha!' [It's not that funny, Voice.] I just don't know why we bother with democracy. I really don't.

...

But don't get upset, hedgies! I don't care too much, and I won't tell any civilians. I only care about my music now. [See last Thursday's post.]

Oh, music? Spider exercise? Yeah, yeah. I keep going on about it. So what? It's brilliant, son, daughter, and the best way to improve your guitar playing. (Amazingly, even for rhythm! I used to think it was just a lead thing, you dig?) / If I were starting today, pop/rock fan(s), I would do nothing but the spider. 'Like the Karate Kid, Mikey!' You bet your ass like the Karate Kid, Voice! Wax on. Wax off. You can't beat it!

Okay. Laters!