Tuesday 4 December 2018

I don't know ...

... how much finance I'll be writing about before Christmas, dear reader(s). Probably not a lot. And certainly not today! I'm recovering from a bad migraine, man. I had a rough night. So, I'm just going to play some music, and write a few notes. You dig?

Okay, okay ...

The Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young. This is a classic song. It's only two minutes long, like a lot of Beatles classics. I feel though, that, though, uh, like, two minutes is too short for a classic song. They need to be more substantial than that. I've seen a clip on YouTube where Young extends this song to three minutes. I'm sure he's aware of the problem.

Blind Willie McTell. This should be one of Bob Dylan's greatest songs. But it bothers me that the tune was "borrowed" from somewhere else. That stuff matters, man. I still like listening to it though. It's got Dylan on piano, and Mark Knopfler on guitar.

Red Guitar. David Sylvian would be far more respected as a songwriter if he wasn't so pretentious. It's a shame, really. / Yes, I'm cutting this one short after three minutes because I'm already pissed off. Loved it when I was seventeen. Can't stomach it as an adult. Sorry, Dave.

Live Forever. By Oasis. Truly great songs need to be "pure" like this. Do you know what I mean?

Round the Bend. By Michael Fowke. That's me! My big songs are more difficult to record than this, but they need to be done to the same standard. I may try again this coming Sunday. The migraine has messed up my plans a bit. I can even feel it hovering behind my eyes as I type. It's beyond a joke!

Okay, okay ...

I'll put a whole album on. Coney Island Baby by Lou Reed. A lovely atmosphere! My personal favourite of his. / I remember my Maths teacher in the sixth form at school saying that he loved this album. He also confessed to going to early Jesus and Mary Chain concerts, which were basically full-blown riots. I'm not sure teachers should be setting that sort of example.

...

Anyway ... you'll be glad to hear, my kook(s), that I've lost ten pounds this year. I'm trying to get down to rock star weight, gradually, you see. Oh yes, I'm taking it all rather seriously, man.

Maybe I'll write some finance tomorrow. Maybe I'll feel better. Or worse.

And next year? Hopefully, I'll be done with this blog. Gone! Living the high life in Malibu.

Don't cry! No, I'll probably turn it into an occasional rock and roll blog. Album news. Tour dates. That sort of thing.

You dig?

Laters!