Wednesday 5 December 2018

I've been invited to two events

Okay, okay ... uh. I'm just so busy these days, dear reader(s). I can't - 'Which one are you going to, boss?' I don't know. 'Are you going to both?' I'm not sure, Voice.

Firstly, there's this -

The Effective Financial Planning Using EIS and BR Investments event, on Friday 7th December, will be held at The Great Hall, One Moorgate Place, and is aimed specifically at Financial Planners and Regulated Advisers.

The question is ... Will I be able to stand the excitement? 'Let's hear more about it, boss.' Okay, man -

With Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Business Relief (BR) investments both benefitting from Inheritance Tax (IHT) exemptions and showing strong demand from planners and advisers, it's clear that both investments are currently experiencing a period of significant growth, change and interest. The event, hosted by EIS Association on 7th December, will therefore cover issues and topics relevant to planners and advisers that relate to investment in both EIS and IHT investments.

So, what do you think, Voice? 'Er ... what's the other event?' Okay, Okay. This -

CES, the world's largest and most influential technology event, will be held in Las Vegas from January 8-11, 2019. Alphacool, azultec and Edge will present their absolute highlights in different product areas.

You see? And, uh ... I'm not into technology. 'That doesn't matter, boss. Accept the invitation, turn up at the event, and then go your own way. You can have some adventures like Hunter S. Thompson.' Well, they're not offering to pay for my airfare and hotel, man. 'No? Oh, well, forget it then.' Yes, I'll forget it.

I'll forget both events.

...

Anything else? Not much. I'm super stressed out at the moment with various shit. I don't need anything else, you dig?

But there's Brexit, of course, which has become even more bizarre now. The government was found in contempt of Parliament yesterday. This didn't even happen during the English Civil War, for fuck's sake! Enough is enough!

Music? Yeah, I'm still playing my guitar, kook(s). No surprises. The spider exercise is doing wonders.

Laters!