Thursday 11 July 2019

Global green bonds

Eh?! Global green bonds? What are they?! Oh, maybe you know, dear reader(s). 'They're just, uh ... green bonds, boss.' Yes, thank you, Einstein.

Global Green Bonds reached US$86.4 billion in the first half of 2019, a 26.2% increase from a year ago, as number of issues grew 14.9%. In 2018, global green bond issuance soared to a record high, raising $132.3 billion in annual proceeds.

Global ESG Bonds raised US$110.1 billion in the first half of 2019, up 36.5% from the same period last year.

France takes the lead in the green bonds market; China slips to third place and trails behind United States.

HSBC tops Global Green Bonds Book Runner League Tables in the First Half 2019.


Well, well ... / Yes, yes, it's a little PR email from my mate George at Refinitiv. 'Ha! Is there more?' Er ... there was more, Voice, in the attachments, like, BUT(!) ... this is the last post of the week, and then I'm taking a week off, so ... 'Yippee! You deserve a rest, boss. Where are you going?' That's a secret. 'Oh.' I'll write about it when I get back. If I get back. 'Don't be ridiculous! Of course you'll come back. You haven't recorded your songs yet.' Yeah. No. Whatever.

...

Anything else? Well, I'm exhausted, kook(s), I can tell you that. I'm going to relax like a mofo now. And enjoy myself. But I'll be back!

Laters!