Thursday 1 August 2019

Do you remember when ... ?

I, er ... confused this company with that other company ... ? 'What company?' This company, Voice, PR email -

July 30, 2019 - Transaction Network Services (TNS) today announced the acquisition of Chicago-based trading technology provider NetXpress, in a strategic move that augments its financial services portfolio with ultra-low latency exchange connectivity at 11 key global locations across North America, Europe, and Asia.

That one. TNS. 'Oh yeah. That was funny.' Yes. But it's all water under the bridge now. And I dodged a bullet with that other firm, anyway, didn't I? 'It could have been a career, boss.' That's exactly what I mean, Voice.

Dear reader(s), never, never, never, never, never, never ... get yourself a career. 'What if they've already got one?' Then dump it! Become like the Dude. I mean, Lebowski. Or ... become a big star, which - when you think about it - is the pinnacle of capitalism. But don't devote yourself to some corporation that will suck the life force out of you. Think of Jim Morrison in Miami! What did he scream at the crowd? 'I know, boss!' Yes, yes.

But life goes on. PR emails go on.

Founded in 2016 by industry experts Scott Feagans and Moshe Siegel, NetXpress provides colocation, data center services, exchange and WAN connectivity globally. The NetXpress low latency architecture employs a unique ULL, Layer1 distribution technology to achieve the lowest latency profile available via a service provider.

Okay. Uh. / Mike?

"2019 is proving to be an exciting year for our Financial Services business," says TNS' Chief Executive Officer, Mike Keegan. "Since acquiring R2G in January, we have expanded our data center reach, deployed a new dark fiber infrastructure and are establishing TNS as a vendor of record for market data offerings. The acquisition of NetXpress is another step in our plan to be the financial technology partner of choice for all industry players."

Okay. Fine. / Are you happy though, Mike? Really? 'Well, he's the CEO.' Yeah, that's a good point. It's probably not too bad for him.

But it was the other TNS, of course. I'm not going to talk about them. / Actually, I'm not going to talk about this TNS. 'Music?' I don't know, man.

...

It's the last post of the week. I'm worn out. Mainly because I walked to Richmond and back earlier today. 'Why, Mikey?! Why?!' I don't know why, Voice. I suppose it's nice to, uh ... walk in the sunshine. It's healthy, too.

Later(s), kook(s)!