Tuesday 27 August 2019

Just being personal, like

Listen! I'm serious, dear reader(s), about cutting out all the personal stuff, music and that. [Oh, my walks to Richmond.] I will do it soon BECAUSE(!) ... (drum roll) ... this is a financial blog, man. You dig? Christ!

However, maybe one day this blog will be seen as a motivational blog for would-be singer/songwriters. You never know.

Stranger things have happened at sea, apparently.

Which brings me to David Goggins. I'm reading Can't Hurt Me again, and I'm going to keep reading it. This is the book I've been looking for these last few years.

[It's a shame I can't get the audiobook with its extra material, BUT(!) ... I'm not signing up to Audible. FFS! Is there any reason why I can't just buy the book I want, and leave it at that? Why the hell have I got to pay a monthly fee? What's wrong with these people?!]

Listen! Last night, uh ... the heat was unbearable! I could hardly move an inch without a couple of pints of water sweating out of me. Now, uh, then ... I was considering just twenty more minutes of rehearsing my songs before bed. However, I couldn't face it. I really couldn't. I decided to read the book instead. Straight away, Goggins was in my face with tales of truly unbearable pain and suffering, most of it self-inflicted. Anyway, after ten minutes of this "hell", I felt so bad about myself that I picked up my guitar and started playing my songs. This is the power of that book.

...

So, I'm going to be using special ops forces methods from now on. Why not? I've tried everything else.

Once I've written the lyric for Good Times/Bad Times, I'll have sixteen songs. Eleven for an album, and five spare. I might stop writing for a while after that and just concentrate on performance. Make my weak area strong, you dig?

I'll have to settle for six world-beaters for the time being. Still more than anyone else.

And I don't even need hundreds of songs to prove anything, man.

Think of Citizen Kane. It's so superior to every other great film.

Chinatown, The Godfather, Taxi Driver, Paths of Glory, Lawrence of Arabia, Raging Bull, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Godfather II, Apocalypse Now ...

There is no competition.

One film.

Orson Welles was a bad motherf***er.

That's where I've got to be with my album.

One album.


Later(s), crocodile(s)!