Monday 21 January 2013

Antony Jenkins' new code: respect, integrity, service, excellence, and stewardship

Oh, do me a favour! What is this bollocks? Respect, integrity, service, excellence, and stewardship! Is he serious? / In case you haven't heard, Antony Jenkins is the new chief executive of Barclays. (They got rid of my mate, Bob Diamond, the bastards.) He wants to change the culture at Barclays. Yeah, right. Bobby was too toxic, apparently, meaning: he wanted to make money. This Tony character wants to cuddle polar bears, or save the sharks, I suppose, I don't know. / Christ. I know he's not interested in making money. I know that much. Bring back Bobby! I want Bobby. And I don't even know what he's doing at the moment. I've lost all contact with him because he's out of the game. It's a real tragedy. I hope he gets a job soon.

Listen to me, Tony. You might learn a thing or two. / Respect? Let me tell you about respect, son. You've got to respect your shamans before they follow Bobby out the door. (The few you have left, I mean. It's all falling apart.) Integrity? I have no idea what that is. Fuck integrity, man. Service? Fine. Big Herb is dead, and, as Dylan said, you've gotta serve somebody. It may as well be me. I'm running mystical capitalism now, what's left of it. Excellence? Tony, take a look at the story of my life. That's all you need to know about excellence. Stewardship? Er, I haven't a clue, frankly. / So ... forget your code, okay? Or I might have to pay you a visit, in the night. In my astral body. Yes, I can still do it. It's like riding a bike.

_________________________


Music update? / I was going to pack these updates in, but ... I can't stop. (This blog is like my diary or something. One that everyone can read.) / Anyway, I've decided to use Gilly Marie after all. It may be simple, but it's good. (More than good, actually, a garage band classic, although I don't have a band, or a garage.) Also, it saves me the hassle of finishing my fourth song. / Today? I'm going to rewrite two (weak, ugly) lines of My Heart. Then I'm finished, except for the recording of that song, and maybe Gilly Marie again. I need to improve my guitar playing (as I keep saying). I'll be ready mid-February, hopefully. / I'm not telling you the title of the third song. You'll have to wait and see, and hear.