Friday 4 January 2013

Pimco's Bill Gross has been speaking of dragons in a cave

I'm afraid Mr Gross has completely lost it now. The global growth pie wasn't the worst of it. This is the worst. Dragons in a cave!

Mr Gross reckons these dragons (when they leave the cave, I presume) are going to cause inflation. 'How does that work, Mikey?' I don't know, Voice. Bill lives in a dream world. I'm only surprised he didn't mention the fairies. 'Or the shamans.' He did mention central banks. 'Yeah?' Oh yeah. Apparently, there's been $6 trillion of free money handed out. Which is funny because I didn't see any of it. 'Maybe the dragons have it.' That's what I'm thinking. The dragons have stashed it away in their cave. 'And when they start spending it, there'll be inflation, I suppose.' Maybe, Voice. It all seems a bit fantastic, doesn't it? 'It seems fucking nuts, Mikey, let's be honest. What's wrong with this Bill Gross character?' I think he needs a holiday.

_________________________


Music? Why not? / My guitar playing is getting better. Hopefully, I'll be able to write that other lyric this Sunday. I still don't know when I'll be ready though. / I'm going to sign up to a copyright service. In fact, I'm going to use three different ways to prove I'm the writer of the songs - so I should be quite secure.

Bob Dylan says it's like a ghost wrote his best songs. I know what he means. It's totally mysterious the way a song comes out. In the best songs, the words and music go together like they have always existed, like they weren't written at all - but given.

I'm listening to Neil Young at the moment, a playlist I've made up on my media player. I'm the Ocean with Pearl Jam is a great one. / All you need is Beatles, Bacharach, Dylan, and Young. 'And Fowke, Mikey!' Obviously, Voice. Me as well.