Monday 18 November 2013

GLG Undervalued Assets fund

What?! Jesus! / Oh, it's too early in the morning for this nonsense, dear reader(s). A Monday morning as well. I want to go back to bed. 'Come on, man. Give it your best shot, Mikey! People are relying on you.' Okay, Voice, I'll give it my best shot. / The GLG Undervalued Assets fund is some new fund that Henry Dixon and his mates are managing at GLG. It launched the other day, I think. Yeah. Er, it's interested in UK equities - undervalued stocks, obviously. There might be some European stocks. 'Really?' We'll have to wait and see. 'Sounds exciting, boss.' Does it? / I think it's a rip-off of some Matterley fund, anyway. 'Oh, that's a shame.' But Henry and his gang are mixed up in that one, too. 'Crazy!' I hope they know what they're doing.

_________________________


Monday morning ... and finance. 'Ha!' Oh, God, eh? What an absolutely toxic combination! It could be worse, I suppose. I could be writing the whole day. 'Ha!' A whole day on a Monday? Never going to happen, my friend(s). I've got what’s known in certain circles as a life, well, almost. 'You've got a guitar!' Yes, I've got a guitar. All I need is three chords and ... THE TRUTH!

There was a good film on one of the Freeview channels yesterday about Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. / A comedy writer said to Martin that he wanted to get to know him better so he could write better material for him, and Martin replied: "No one gets to know me better. Not even my wife." He must have been the coolest person on the planet in his day.

And he had cool friends, of course. / A few years ago I read a book about the exploits of the Rat Pack, hanging out in Hollywood and Vegas. / I don't recommend it, the book. Not because it was a bad book. It was a great book. It's just that you'll end up ashamed of your own life, how dull it is.

Dull, dull, dull ... / When I hear about the people that are being forced on to Workfare, I wonder why they don't just go absolutely nuts - like Mr Polly. Throw all caution to the wind, as it were. They really have nothing to lose. They're the sort of people who should read the book. / Everyone's worried about where the next meal is coming from ...