Wednesday 6 November 2013

What is Stevie Cohen playing at?!

I can't understand this guy. I really can't. / Big Stevie Cohen has been given a chance to put the past behind him and move on. 'I think the Feds have been very understanding, Mikey.' So do I, Voice. It's not as if he's singing Jailhouse Rock, is it? 'Or Folsom Prison Blues.' No. I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die? That would be terrible. 'Can he even sing?' I don't know. Probably not. 'Not even in the shower?' He wouldn't want to spend much time in the showers. / Anyway, SAC Capital Advisors was supposed to admit all the wrongdoing, the insider trading. 'Admit what you did, pay the fine, and then just shut the fuck up. That's the way to do it, boss.' Yeah. But no. They had to release a statement, didn't they? 'What did they say, Mikey, remind me.' They said: "We don't know nothing about nothing." Can you believe that, Voice? 'Unbelievable!' / Of course, the Feds went crazy. Absolutely nuts. 'Mental!' So then Stevie's crew had to make another statement, a few hours later, saying that they regretted all the bad shit they were involved in. 'It's best to come clean.' Yeah, man. / Stevie, pay the fine, son. Keep your mouth shut. Move on. Life is too short. You're bigger than this. 'He'll be all right.' You hear that, Stevie? The Voice says you'll be all right.

_________________________


I know Stevie will be all right. It's myself I should be worrying about. I'm too much of a humanitarian, that's my trouble. / I'm working out a new schedule for my guitar playing. Instead of ten to twelve hours a week, I've got to try to do forty, I reckon. Which will be really difficult, obviously, dear reader(s), but it's the only way I'm going to get up to scratch. Otherwise, I won't be ready by January. / I got lucky with the song I wrote and recorded last year. My Heart and You're Lying are on a different level though. If I can get the recordings right for those two songs, I'll be able to write my own ticket.

Lunch? Oh, what do you think? Cheese sandwich, crisps, yoghurt, can of Coke. Simple, and cheap. The way I like it. / Rich folks eating from a fancy dining car, drinking coffee and smoking big cigars? No thanks. It's not for me.