Thursday 10 December 2015

Michael Page? Silver Ridge Asset Management?

Well, well ... / Mikey Page, if the TRUTH(!) be told. 'Just like you, boss! Mikey!' My name is Michael Fowke, Voice. 'Oh, all right.'

Anyway, this Mikey Page has joined Silver Ridge Asset Management as chief operating officer. Actually, it's a hedge fund which was delayed for a while. 'Oh dear.' Yeah, some sort of FCA investigation. But it's all over now. Everyone's happy. There's no problem. [Let the good times roll!] Silver Ridge will launch in January with $500 million in assets under management. 'Based in America, is it?' England, I think. [Maybe America too. I don't know.] Why? 'Okay.' Yeah, I know what you're thinking, man. American dollars again. It's just one of those things. There's nothing that can be done about it.

NEVER MIND ...

I'm looking at Mikey's LinkedIn profile. He calls himself "Mike Page" for some reason. 'It takes all sorts to make a world, boss. / Maybe it's a fake profile.' No. Too many connections. There's not much information though. 'Have you signed in? There might be more information, er ... inside, like.' Ha! You know I'm not a member of LinkedIn, Voice. 'Will you ever be?' Well, I said I would never join, but it might be useful when I'm a rock and roll shaman ... to connect with music industry people, you dig? I'll see how it goes.

So, well ... I don't have much more to say about Mikey Page and Silver Ridge. Sorry. 'Oh ... never mind.' Obviously, I wish everyone involved the best of luck. 'Yeah.' I mean, we'll always need new hedge funds, won't we? 'Well ...'

...

Anything else? 'Lunch!' I'm having a luxury egg sandwich for my lunch. 'From the petrol station, Michael?' Ha! It sounds seedy when you say it like that, Voice. It's really a small Tesco store that sells petrol, too, you understand? 'Oh.' Christ! I don't want my readers thinking I'm some sort of scumbag ...

Music? I'm listening to Fools Gold 9.53 ... a-ROUND, and a-ROUND, and a-ROUND.

[If ... The Stone Roses had quickly followed their first album with an album full of Fools Gold-type songs they would have become gods.]