Wednesday 16 December 2015

Thomas Melcher is the new chief investment officer!

Well done, Tommy, mate! You deserve it. / Ah, well, that's all the news, dear reader(s). I told you I was going to be running out. Maybe tomorrow I'll break open a couple of the emergency PR emails I've put in a special folder. 'New chief investment officer? Come on, boss, you can tell us more that that!' Can I? 'Where does this Tommy Melcher character work, for one?' Is it important to you, Voice? 'No, but your readers will want to know.' Readers. Jesus! Okay. Mr Thomas Melcher works at PNC Asset Management Group, over in America somewhere ... 'Yeah. And?' And he's the new chief investment officer ... 'It's like getting blood from a stone!' Christ! He's replacing James Dunigan, who's had enough.

...

I'll tell you what, dear reader(s), I've had enough. I just want to get started on the mince pies, you know? 'It's too early yet, Mikey.'

Well ... is it too early for the Phil Spector album? 'The Christmas one?' Obviously the Christmas one. / Christmas! Baby, please come home!

Oh, PNC Asset Management Group manages $48 billion, roughly, in institutional assets. So ...

Never mind ... / You don't care, do you? You just want to get started on the mince pies, yourself. 'I don't like mince pies. I haven't even got a mouth.' Shut up! I wasn't talking to you, Voice. I was talking to them. 'Ha! Them!' Why are you hanging around, man? Haven't you got any presents to buy? 'No. I've done it all.' Yeah? What are you doing this Christmas then? 'Er, spending time with the folks on the astral plane.' Nice. How are your mum and dad? 'They're still dead.' Oh. But besides that ... 'They don't have any complaints, Mikey. It's the astral plane, ain't it?' Yes, I suppose ...

God! There's nothing else to write about. / I'll have to do a conceptual after lunch, of course, No. 375. 'You can't have too many conceptual posts.' Well, that's what I say.