Wednesday 2 January 2019

Another one for the sports fans

They've bought a football club. Not a rugby club. Or any other sort of club. These guys aren't muggy boneheads. They're all football. 'What's this, boss?' It's another PR email from Sport Capital Group. They've just bought US Citta di Palermo. 'Oh. / What's that then?' It's a football club, idiot! Look -

Sport Capital Group Investments Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of Sport Capital Group Ltd) has today completed the acquisition of 100% of the shares of US Citta di Palermo Spa, through the completion of the previously announced preliminary contract dated 30th November.

Er, "today" was actually last week sometime, dear reader(s). It doesn't matter. / Anyway ...

At a shareholders' general meeting of US Citta di Palermo Spa a new board of directors shall be nominated, with Clive Richardson as President, Emanuele Facile as Chief Executive and John Treacy as third director. The new board and a group of senior football advisors lead by Dean Holdsworth will be working on plans for the remainder of the 2018-19 Season with the current management team.

Fair enough. Is there any money in owning football clubs though? I thought it was just a vanity thing for billionaires. / Oh, this is from Wikipedia -

Unione Sportiva Citta di Palermo, commonly referred to as Palermo, is an Italian football club from Palermo, Sicily, playing in Serie B. Formed in 1900 as Anglo Palermitan Athletic and Football Club, the club had various names before assuming its current form in 1987, and is the top-ranked football club from the island of Sicily. During its history, Palermo has played in all the professional ranks of Italy, and took part in several Serie A seasons during the 1950s, 1960s and early 1970s, also finishing as Coppa Italia runners-up twice during that period.

Uh, okay. More here. If you like that sort of thing. I'm a muggy bonehead, myself.

...

Okay, okay. Anything else? Music? My Music? All right, dear kook(s). You've talked me into it. 'Ha!' Yeah.

I still don't feel like recording my songs, man. I've still got anxiety about it. Which doesn't make sense because I'm sitting on a goldmine of new songs. [By the way, I wrote a new great tune over Christmas. So I wasn't totally stuffing my face with mince pies all the time.] I hope my strings stay fresh until the weekend. 'You're wasting those Elixirs, Mikey.' I know, I know.

There's nothing sadder in this world than new guitar strings losing their freshness.

Oh, The Specials are releasing a new album soon. After all these years. What's left of the band, anyway. I listened to a single from it earlier. Vote For Me. It's all right. A bit bland. / You can't beat More Specials, the old days.

Okay. Laters.