Monday 7 January 2019

Job exodus!

Movement of Jah people!

Yeah, yeah. Big time! 'What's this, boss?' Oh, hello, Voice. Investors in People has launched the findings of its annual Job Exodus research. 'That's nice.' Yes. 'What's happening then?' Well, one in three people are unhappy at work. 'Oh dear.' Interestingly, only 5 percent of UK workers say they trust their leaders. 'Ha! That much?!'

It's funny how these bits of research reveal the truth about the world of work. If you listen to the bosses themselves, or politicians, they're always harping on about the dignity of work and how everyone loves it and wants more of it.

This research challenges the perception that a gig economy will satisfy workers of tomorrow, with workers asking for enjoyable work, good teams and to feel valued.

Yeah, good luck with that, everyone! / Conditions will only get worse now, especially with this Brexit that your Average Joe was conned into voting for.

In an age of job uncertainty, growing competition and rising workplace stress and anxiety, one in three workers report being unhappy at work with 45% of workers looking to move jobs in 2019.

Yeah, okay. But where will they move to? I imagine that standards are dropping everywhere. They might jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Well, let's hear from Paul Devoy ...

IIP CEO Paul Devoy comments: "Despite a decade or more of research looking at the economic benefits of happiness, it's frustrating that all too often, wellbeing at work focuses on reducing stress not increasing happiness. Yet we know that humans want to be engaged in meaningful relationships, feel valued and useful. And that in this environment people are both happier and more productive."

Ha! If humans genuinely want all that, the whole world will have to change, son. However, the truth is, most people are selfish and just want a nice spot in hell for themselves. / The world is hell, reader(s). The best thing you can do is make yourself comfortable ... ?

Christ!

...

Okay, okay. Let's move on, kook(s)! I don't want to depress myself. I'm shifting my paradigm today. 'Just today, boss?' No, it will take years, Voice. But I'm starting today.

I'm listening to the Vance/Musk/Sanders audiobook while I'm writing this. Oh, sure, it's hard to concentrate, but the beautiful thing is ... if the words don't go into my conscious mind they will bury themselves deep in my subconscious. That's how you shift your paradigm!

I ain't fucking around no more. Something's broken inside, that, uh ... connects me to my old self, my old life, you dig?

You'll be glad to hear though, kook(s), that I'm still fucking a-ROUND. 'Thank God!' So, No. 673 coming up later.

Laters!