Monday 28 January 2019

SK AeroSafety has been acquired!

Right. Let's start the week off with a lovely PR email, dear reader(s). 'Yippee! I love PR emails, boss!' I know you do, Voice. 'I love seeing you correct all the spelling mistakes and that.' Ha! Well, I think we'll be all right with this one.

LOS ANGELES, January 27, 2019 - Levine Leichtman Capital Partners ("LLCP") has acquired SK AeroSafety (the "Company") from SK FireSafety, a portfolio company of Paris-based Apax Partners. The Company's management team, headed by CEO Chris Wright, will invest alongside LLCP.

Fair enough. But what does SK AeroSafety really do? I've never heard of the company before. 'Boss -' It would be nice if they gave us some idea. 'Boss -' Otherwise we will just have to use our imaginations. 'Boss -' Not now, Voice! Please! Otherwise, dear reader(s) ... actually, I will have to use my imagination, yes. And you know what my imagination is like. I don't think they'll want that. It seems - 'Boss!' What, Voice?! What is it?! What do you want? 'Look -'

SK AeroSafety specializes in the inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of critical passenger safety equipment found on all commercial and private aircraft worldwide. Examples of equipment serviced by the Company includes life vests, fire extinguishers, oxygen masks, oxygen cylinders, evacuation slides and life rafts. SK AeroSafety supports a diversified and global customer base of over 700 airlines, component service providers, maintenance and repair organizations (MRO) and OEMs, and has locations in The Netherlands, United Kingdom, United States, Malaysia and Dubai. The Company holds key certifications and accreditations from its OEMs, MROs, customers and key global aviation regulators, including the FAA and EASA.

Oh, I see. 'You should read these emails properly.' I do! 'Yeah, right.' Anyway, you're my intern, Voice. I rely on you. 'Ha!' / Anyway, I, uh ... wonder how Chris Wright is feeling about all this. I mean, is he delighted? Is he excited? 'Maybe he's pleased, boss.' Yes, he might be pleased. If I had to take a guess though, I would say that he was delighted. But that's just me, you dig?

Regarding the investment, Chris Wright commented, "We are very excited about this next step in the development of our Company. We look forward to continuing to grow the business both through further acquisitions as well as by expanding our service offering at our existing locations. We remain highly committed to supporting our customers and will continue to strive for excellence and sustainable growth through superior service, quality and commitment."

Oh, okay. Our Chris is, uh ... excited. 'They all are, man. The whole bloody team!' Yeah, well, these things happen, man. It's a very unpredictable thing. People are going to be excited or delighted or pleased. You can be sure it will always be one of those emotional states. 'But we never know which one.' No.

Anyway, Wouter wants to say something ...

According to Wouter Snoeijers, Managing Director of LLCP, "We are thrilled to partner with Chris Wright, Robert Sims, Ben te Beek and the SK team and look forward to working with them to achieve their mission. We are proud to invest in a Company that enables millions of passengers to fly safely every year and we look forward to supporting its continued growth and success."

Oh, Christ! He's thrilled! I never saw that coming. 'Ha, ha, ha!' I honestly never saw that coming, dear reader(s).

Okay, okay. Let's finish with a bit about Levine Leichtman Capital Partners -

LLCP is a Los Angeles, California based private investment firm that has managed approximately $10.2 billion of institutional capital since its inception. LLCP invests in middle market companies located in the United States, the U.K. and Europe. LLCP is currently making new investments through Levine Leichtman Capital Partners VI, L.P., LLCP Lower Middle Market Fund, L.P., Levine Leichtman Capital Partners Europe, L.P., and Levine Leichtman Strategic Capital, LLC. LLCP has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, Chicago, Charlotte, London, Stockholm and The Hague.

Nice one!

...

Anything else? Music? My music?! This is a finance blog, man. No, seriously. No more music updates! / Well, I tried to record my songs last night, but they still don't sound right. And I'm fed up talking about it, so go to my Twitter in future if it's music you want.

Brexit? 'Ha!' I don't want to talk about that either. They reckon there'll be martial law. I never saw that on the side of the bus.

Laters.