Monday 21 January 2019

Charles Roe?

Okay, okay. Who's that?! ... you might be wondering. Well, let me tell you, dear reader(s). Charles Roe is a man who has just been appointed as an executive director of ... er, the society. 'What society, boss?' I'm still reading, Voice. Hang on! ... ... ... Nottingham society, I think. 'It's a building society!' Is it? 'Yes. Just copy and paste the email, for crying out loud!' Okay, okay. I actually wanted to write about something else, man. Something exciting. 'Oh, that's lovely for Charlie, that is.' Ha! I'll do this first.

Nottingham, UK, 18 January 2019 - The Nottingham Building Society has today announced its Chief Risk Officer, Charles Roe, has been appointed as an Executive Director of the Society.

Charles joined The Nottingham in April 2018 as Chief Risk Officer and is accountable for the design of the Society's risk monitoring plans, ensuring they provide assurance and control over key risks; and assessing the effectiveness of The Nottingham's Risk Management Framework.

Prior to joining the Nottingham, Charles was a director in the Regulatory Financial Services Practice at Grant Thornton LLP and worked for the FCA/FSA for 11 years. Whilst at the FCA, Charles undertook a number of senior supervisory roles including Head of Department for the Insurance Broking, International Banking, Mortgage and Building Society sectors. Charles started his financial career working for Standard Chartered Bank in the East Midlands.


Okay, okay. The thing is, I had this amazing dream last night, and - 'Was David Marlow in it?' Who?! Who the - 'David Marlow, the chief executive of this building society, man.' No. Why would I be dreaming about him? 'Christ! Let's just finish the PR email, boss. Please!' All right. Jesus!

David Marlow, Chief Executive at The Nottingham, said: "We are delighted to add Charles to our board of Executive Directors. His wealth of experience is a huge asset to the board and with his support and knowledge, we position ourselves well for continued growth in a sustainable and compliant way, doing the right thing by our members throughout."

Yeah, that's great. Now, can we - 'Don't forget Charles, man!' Oh, Jesus H. - !!! Seriously?!

Charles commented on his appointment: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at The Nottingham, so I'm really pleased to be appointed as an Executive Director. This year the society is 170 years old and part of my role of Executive Director and Chief Risk Officer, is to help ensure we enjoy another 170 years of doing the right thing. My focus remains on working with teams to find solutions and make improvements that will benefit our members, colleagues and the society as a whole to deliver our strategy and help The Nottingham to grow and flourish."

Another 170 years?! Is he for real? / Charles, mate, I doubt very much that the human race will survive for another 170 years, let alone your building society. 'Elon needs to pull his finger out, boss. I mean, build those fucking rockets.' Yeah, yeah. LISTEN TO ME!!!

MY DREAM!!!

I've got proof now, kook(s), that listening to the Vance/Musk audiobook on a loop is having an effect. 'Really? Tell us!' Okay. I had a war dream last night. I was a soldier on a bridge, trying to blow it up, or defend it from the enemy, or something. I don't know what. 'Okay. But what's that got to do with the audiobook, Mikey?' Give me a chance, Voice! Please! 'Go on then.' I think it was a war film dream, actually, because I saw Michael Caine with a rocket launcher. 'Ha!' I also saw that Colonel Trautman. 'Who's he?' He's, uh, Rambo's mate. 'Rimbaud?!' Yeah. 'What, Rimbaud, the poet?!' Eh? No! Rambo! You know, that idiot who runs around grunting all the time. 'Oh, okay.' Yeah. Anyway, someone in the dream said, "This is a hopeless situation, guys. We're all going to die." Which really put a dampening on things. 'I can imagine.' But then someone else piped up with "I come from a military culture, where you just have to make your objective happen." So, you see? 'That doesn't make any sense, boss.' Why not? 'He's a soldier. It's obvious he comes from a military culture.' No, listen! He was paraphrasing someone from the audiobook. 'Oh, I see. Yeah.' Yeah. This means that not only is the book embedding itself in my subconscious, big time! ... but my subconscious is creating situations in dreams now to illustrate the important points, lessons, whatever. 'That's amazing!' Of course it is! / So I've got to continue with the audiobook, kook(s). 'Definitely!' I'd be a fool to stop.

Right. Laters!