Tuesday 16 June 2020

AIM companies

Okay, okay. What's going on with these AIM companies? 'Oh! Have you got a PR email about them, boss?' Yes. Yes, I have. You're very perceptive, Voice.

From MBH Corporation ...

RESEARCH REVEALS 116 AIM COMPANIES HAVE CANCELLED, CUT OR SUSPENDED DIVIDENDS SINCE THE THING STARTED
MBH Corporation plc paid its first dividend on 29th May 2020 since profits increased by 190% in 2019
Dividend proposal of EUR 0.5 cents per share represents dividend yield of around 1%
MBH Corporation plc aims to be a consistent dividend yielding stock. This is important for both the type of patient investors it wants to attract and for the founders of the companies that join it

So, uh ... 'Ha, ha, ha!' What? 'Have you just edited that, boss ... to make it look like a total mess, like?' No. 'Oh, okay.'

[Hey! Update! I've just looked at the email again. To be honest, it's laid out very nicely. It's my copying and pasting that was at fault. Never mind. You live and learn, don't you?]

I put "The Thing" in. But that's all.

Anyway ...

Analysis of industry data by MBH Corporation plc, a UK headquartered diversified investment holding company listed on the Frankfurt and Dusseldorf Stock Exchanges that acquires successful, well established small to medium sized enterprises across multiple geographies and sectors, reveals that between 17th March and 27th May 2020, 67 dividends from AIM listed companies were suspended, 41 were cancelled and eight took the decision, in light of current uncertainties, to cut their dividends.

Uh, okay. I think I'll go straight to Callum, actually. 'Right.' Yeah, well.

Callum Laing, CEO of MBH Corporation plc: "Dividends are more predictable than capital movements in the market. Companies that pay dividends are more likely to deliver smoother returns than ones that rely sole on capital gains.

"Dividend growth has an important role to play in share valuations and they represent a good indicator of company growth. With many smaller listed businesses being unprofitable and generally representing higher levels of risk, in the current environment, dividends are more important than ever."

Er ... 'Was that him, boss, talking, like?' Yes, it was, Voice. What's your problem? 'I ain't got no problem.' Shut up then.

Okay, okay. The moral of the story is ... dividends are more important than ever. 'Yeah.' That will have to do.

ENDS

...

Right. Let's talk about music. 'Thank God!'

Listen! I reckon I should forget about trying to write "masterpieces" for a while and concentrate on getting my number of songs up to ... twenty!

I mean, twenty sounds nice and substantial, don't it?

I've got twelve for the album. However, I don't like the songs from the 2016 demo, uh ... not even You're Lying. And I'll save We'll Show Them Heaven for the second album, so I don't have to finish it any time soon.

Yes. I have twelve songs then. I want twenty. The other eight should be short-ish and easy to play, like Lucky You, Round The Bend, and Love Me. I'm talking bread-and-butter classics, second class.

Famous examples of such songs are -

And Your Bird Can Sing
Got To Get You Into My life
John, I'm Only Dancing
The Jean Genie
Pop Life
Rasberry Beret
50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
Kodachrome

Do you dig, kook(s)? Songs that can be well-known "hits", but they're not going to set the world alight.

Okay. Laters!