Monday 15 June 2020

Reuters and the global Voice summit

Yeah, yeah. They're going to be discussing the future of Voice, or something. 'Summit?' Something. 'And what are you going to do about it, boss?' Well, I won't let them hurt you, Voice. 'You better not!' I won't. Trust me. They don't have the power to touch you. Not while you're working for me. 'So ... are you invited then?' Ha! Of course I'm invited! But I'm not going. Online, or wherever it is. 'The astral plane?' No, not the astral plane. 'I think you better go, boss' Why? 'So you can protect me.' Look, don't worry about it, son. I'll email them today and tell them to leave you alone.

They wouldn't mess with me. They wouldn't dare.

Anyway, their PR email ...

We are pleased to announce that Reuters has joined VOICE Global as a keynote speaker and platinum sponsor. On Wednesday 17th June 2020 at 10:00 a.m. BST, join us for our keynote speech led by Nick Cohen, Director of Product and Core News Services. Offering insight into what a new era of audio and voice technology means for the news and information industry, Nick will explore how Reuters is evolving to meet the needs of this fast-changing space.

VOICE Global is a 24-hour event for the voice-first global community, with leading speakers and pioneering thinkers, sharing everything from the latest trends to how voice and audio tech is a leading technology.

Joining Voice Global 2020 is an important moment for us to get closer to the voice and audio community, to start working together towards integrating content into new platforms and solutions. We are thrilled to provide our perspective on the new frontier for the news industry in the audio and voice space.

So, uh ... 'Yeah. It's probably nothing to worry about, boss. Maybe I was overreacting.' I'll email them anyway. Just to let them know. 'Know what?' That they'll be entering a world of pain if they start making plans for my little disembodied friend. 'I love you, man.' Thanks.

...

Anything else? Music? I'm listening to the six best songs from Ed Sheeran's X album ...

Sing
Don't
Nina
Photograph
Bloodstream
Thinking Out Loud

Each song has four or five writers, including Ed. / I'm not sure how to classify the songs with my normal system, so I won't bother. I really like the chorus to Nina. I think Photograph is the best song.

My music? I'm going off the idea of cover versions at gigs now. I might need some new songs. You're Lying is all right. We'll Show Them Heaven will be finished soon ... er or later. That's fourteen songs then. I wouldn't mind eighteen, you dig? It's this blog that slows me down. It always has. / When The Stone Roses played Spike Island they had one album plus about six or seven top songs which were B-sides or singles that weren't on the album.

...

What else? I need a haircut, man. All the hairdressers are shut. I get more birds staring at me in the street when my hair is shaved at the sides and short on top. But I'm starting to look like Boris Johnson - and women hate that, and I don't blame them. 'Cut it yourself, boss.' Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, idiot. 'Sorry.' Maybe I should let Reuters deal with you after all. 'No! No!' Only joking. Christ.

I need some new suede Timbs. My ones are over four years old. They look okay on the outside, but they're coming apart inside.

I need, I need, I need ... YOU(!) wouldn't believe.

The weather's lovely today. I'm at home, doing this. Can't go to Cornwall. It's beyond a joke. / Just imagine living in Cornwall now! The streets aren't crowded with tourists, and you can go out as much as you like. Paradise on earth. And I'm in London.

Never mind.

Laters.