Tuesday 9 June 2020

Music post?

This is a music post. Deal with it!

Well, I rewrote a bit of the lyric for And Rain Came Down last week. It's better now. I always knew there were a few weak lines, but I didn't have the energy or the will to rewrite. However ... you know how it is, kook(s). I can never leave weakness alone for long.

Anyway, it's important to make every song count. What's the point of writing hundreds of lame-ass songs, man? Mick Jagger was talking a while ago about writing fifty new songs for a Rolling Stones album, but even Keith was sceptical about that. It's quality that matters. Just one classic song can make a career. Look at David Gray with Babylon, and R.E.M. with Losing My Religion. I approach every new song with that attitude now. Go big, or go home. You dig?

When will I record my demo? Christ. I don't know!!! Ask me one on sport. Forget about it. We've still got lockdown, ain't we?

I've been listening to Ed Sheeran lately. I suppose he's all right. I've always said he's a very good performer. One of the best, actually. [But I'm a better songwriter, and he doesn't write many songs by himself.] I could do without his rapping though. Do you know what I mean?

...

What else? Besides music, like. I did a lot of walking last week. Roughly thirty miles. I went to Richmond twice. It's my kind of town. I can understand why all the rock stars live there. On the hill. A lovely view!

Oh, er ... I've got loads of PR emails, yes. I'll do one tomorrow.

...

I've been in a funny mood lately. Well, loads of moods. It's the world, man. Not me. I need to find a good cave.

Or a spaceship. A spaceship with a beach attached.

Whatever. Who cares?!

Laters.