Thursday 25 June 2020

IFC mobilizes ...

So, uh - 'Oh no! I don't like the sound of this, boss. Whose heads are The IFC going to kick in?' What?! It's a member of the World Bank Group, Voice. 'Oh, okay.' Christ.

IFC mobilizes $2B in credit capacity from insurers to expand lending to financial institutions.

'Thank God for that!' What's the matter with you, man? 'Nothing.'

It's just a harmless PR email. No one's going home in an ambulance.

WASHINGTON, June 23, 2020 - IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, has partnered with six global insurance companies to mobilize $2 billion in credit capacity under the Managed Co-Lending Portfolio Program (MCPP). The initiative will allow IFC to increase its medium and long-term lending to commercial banks and non-bank financial institutions in emerging markets by up to $5 billion.

Wow! I wouldn't mind some of that cash. If some is going spare, like. 'Ha! It ain't. Not for your sort.' Shut up.

If you don't ask, you don't get.

I only want ... £10 million. That would set me up for life. 'You wouldn't have to do your music any more, boss.' Yeah. I'll stay poor then.

Right. There's a lot of this email. I'm just going to do the voices.

"Financial Institutions are vital to increasing investment in emerging markets," says IFC CEO Philippe Le Houerou. "Expanding partnerships with some of the world's largest insurance companies will increase IFC's firepower to deliver sustainable financial solutions to its bank and non-bank financial institutions clients, increasing access to finance for micro, small, and medium enterprises, including many women-owned businesses."

Well, IFC's firepower, eh? 'I thought they only used their fists.'

Okay. Henry?

"Aspen are extremely proud to partner with IFC, in delivering such an exciting and innovative solution for mobilizing credit in emerging markets," says Henry MacHale, Co-Chief Underwriting Officer of Aspen Insurance UK. "By combining IFC's local market knowledge and expertise along with private insurance market capacity, we are able to push forward together with IFC's aims of reducing poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development."

Right. Dan?

"The partnership between the private insurance market and multilateral development banks has grown significantly over the last few years and has proven to be a successful and innovative way to expand their development activities," says Dan Riordan, President and Chief Underwriting Officer for Political Risk, Credit & Bond at AXA XL. "We are committed to partnering with IFC to support their efforts to mobilize needed capital to Financial Institutions in the emerging markets."  

Oh, FFS! 'How many voices are there, boss?! And where are they all coming from?' From the PR email, idiot! Loads of voices!

Let's finish with Peter ...

"We are very pleased to partner with IFC again to mobilize financing for developing countries," said Peter Sprent, Head of Financial Risk Solutions at Liberty Specialty Markets. "This new MCPP program highlights how the private insurance market can use its capacity and expertise to increase IFC's impact and help others around the world prosper. By sharing risks with IFC, we benefit from their global network and excellent track record."  

Okay. Thanks, Pete.

ENDS

'What about Jim?' Ha!

'What about Ansgar?' Ha, ha! 

'What about Jerome?' Ha, ha, ha!

ENDS - !!!

...

Anything else? Music? Listen, kook(s)! I'm going to make a superhuman effort with my music through July and August. I mean, the more I think about the state of the music business and my age, well ... I may have enough songs for an album, BUT(!) I'm going to need as many commercial songs as I can possibly write. And they've got to be reasonably great, too. For extra singles. And as material for gigs.

I need at least twenty songs in total, like I said the other week. So, I have twelve for the album. I have others that I don't want to use. I'm going to put We'll Show Them Heaven on ice until the second album - if I ever get that far. It's a slow ballad, man. I don't need slow ballads at the moment. What I need is overwhelming force. You dig? Oh, I hope so.

Have I got the energy though? Uh, maybe. Have I got the right emotions? That's the important thing. Well, that hypnosis download is working. It's by Paul McKenna. He's supposed to be the best, ain't he?

Anyway ...

Laters!