Tuesday 1 November 2022

Fresh start No. 3,098

Er ...

'Oh, Mikey! You're not serious!'

Ha! I am serious, Voice. But I'm not starting yet. Maybe in a couple of weeks. I need to mentally prepare myself first.

'But where's all the bloody finance?!'

Christ! There will be plenty of time for finance, you little idiot! ... because I'm not writing about music or personal stuff no more.

'Yeah, yeah. And I'll believe that when I see it.'

Shut up.

This is serious, kooks. I need a sustainable fresh start. If I put a new demo online early next year ... it will change my life, man. 'You reckon?' Yes, I reckon it will. And that's why I've been thinking about not even doing it, but ... just sticking with the life I've got now, you dig? 'Oh, you're having a laugh! The life you have now is rotten, boss.' Yeah? Okay. Well, thanks for that, Voice. Thanks, mate. 'I'm just being honest.' Whatever.

He's got a point, reader(s), but ... I don't know. Do you know what I mean?

So, I will be listening to that Being John Lennon audiobook again, up to the end of chapter fifty-one, a-ROUND, and a-ROUND, and a- ... you get the idea, I'm sure. I need to seriously cut myself off from normal reality. It means giving up YouTube, TV, etc, etc. 'What?!' Well, during the week. Maybe I'll relax at weekends. I mean, I'll probably go with the Xavier Rolet Method.

Or System, or whatever it is. 'Ha! That's just something you've invented in your head, boss.' Yes, Voice. The best place for it. Where else should I invent?

The thing is ... when I talked a good game, or a great game, even ... about becoming a GREAT songwriter, and, uh, playing the guitar properly, and singing nicely ... it all seemed like an impossible bullshit dream BECAUSE ... it was years away, you dig? But now it's not. It's not years away. The time is NOW!!!

Do you understand, kooks?

It's a bit scary, actually.

And it's rather nice, actually ... I mean ... actually, let me quote from an old post -

Listen! Maybe I'm worried about leaving my old life behind. I mean, it's quite comforting, in a way ... watching TV, listening to music, blogging, following Elon's adventures, eating takeaway muck, walking in the park, drinking in the pub, staring at the river, daydreaming, reading that Dylan Jones book on Bowie, going to Chiswick, going to Richmond, and Hyde Park, listening to The 10X Rule, playing my guitar ...

Yes, it's rather nice living like that. 'When did you write that?' Er ... nearly four years ago. 'Christ!' Shut up.

Idiot.

'Listen, boss. Let's be realistic for a moment. What have you got to look forward to - at your age?'

Don't be morbid, man.

'I'm just saying.'

Er ... probably not a lot.

'Well, why not become a global superstar then? Just for the craic, you know? I mean, what else are you going to do? Seriously.'

Yeah, he's got a point.

What else am I going to do?

Laters, kooks.