Thursday 17 November 2022

The more I read about the music business ...

Mainly on the Guardian website ...

The more convinced I become that I've been doing the right thing all these years, and, you know ... had the right strategy, you dig?

Listen!

You've got to be a superstar like Ed Sheeran or Beyonce, or ... you're going to have a hard time of it.

No way to make a living ...

'Which one are you going to be, boss? Beyonce or -'

Shut up, idiot! I'm going to be myself, Voice, aren't I? Michael Fowke. The greatest of all times! I'm so mean, I make medicine sick, etc, etc.

'Oh, okay. I was just asking.'

Idiot!

Anyway ...

Yeah, that's the way it is. The hard way. So be it!

So, I'm so ooo glad I've done the work to get my BIG TEN of songs, well, BIG ELEVEN, when originally - after the 2016 demo - I was just looking for one BIG song, which turned out to be This World Don't Mean a Thing.

2016-2018 ... the final version of it, I mean, two years!

I'm still hoping to promote the 2023 demo on Twitter, if the platform still exists next year ...

I mean ... Christ. Do you know what I mean?

'Elon will get a grip, sooner or later.'

You reckon? I tell you ... I don't fancy paying for it.

Never mind.

Anyway ... I will need all three major record companies to take an interest. 'What about two of them, Mikey? Two would be good.' Three, Voice! All three! Open your ears. 'I ain't got no ears!'

He's got astral ears. Don't let him fool you, kooks.

This will be the demo -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

And I could add two more songs ...

Nothing
Life and Death
Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

... at a later date, if I needed to.

Yeah ...

But I don't think I'll need to. 

'Those other two aren't commercial though.'

It doesn't matter, man. They're my most serious songs. And some people will think they're better than those other three.

Just the way some people are ...

Nothing I can do about it ...

Actually, I really like Life and Death now.

Anyway ...

Laters!



Oh, by the way, this is the order I'll upload the songs to YouTube -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

'Same order as above.' Yeah, yeah.

Then maybe ...

Nothing
Life and Death
Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

'Same order as above.' Yeah, yeah.

I mean, the bottom songs first ... so the top ones appear at the top, like.

I'm not going to use my music blog, and I'll just link to my YouTube channel from my Twitter bio.

Or maybe I should go with all five from the start ...

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future
Nothing
Life and Death

???

'Oh, you're crazy!!!'

Listen! I might have to buy a one-way ticket to St Ives. I mean if ...

'To live there???'

Yeah, right. Live there. Live in the fucking sea, with my friends the dolphins.

Laters.