Monday 28 November 2022

The Equalizer

The only way out of chaos and dirt is to write more songs. That's the only way.

'Have you written another song, boss?'

I've written another piece of music, Voice. 'Yippee!' Yeah, I need a lyric now ... obviously.

After I've finished the last few words for Lovers On The Make ... so obviously ... BECAUSE ...

One song at a time, you dig?

'How good will this new one be?'

I'm predicting that it will be my seventh best song. 'Yippee!' Yeah. 'Giving you a BIG TWELVE of songs.' Yeah. 'A BIG DOZEN!!!'

All right, all right. Don't go on about it, Voice.

'BUT(!) ... will you go on about it, boss?'

Ah ... well ... if I don't ... I'll have to write about finance. 'Oh dear.' I'll have to write about finance on a cold Monday morning in winter. 'Christ!' If I don't go on, and on, and on about music.

It's a no-brainer, kooks!

One thing I've noticed ... The more great songs I get, the calmer I become in life ... despite all the chaos and dirt.

Ideally, a great songwriter should be like Denzel Washington in The Equalizer, especially when facing today's songwriters and all their works.

I know that guys like Lennon, Marley, and Bowie approve of what I'm doing ... what I am ...

Do you know what I mean ... kooks???

'I don't think they do.'

Well, never mind. Not many people understand me.

'Does anyone understand you?'

Do YOU(!) understand me, Voice?!

'Yeah, sure. But I'm different, aren't I?'

Yeah, you're different. Congratulations!

'Do I get a Jammie Dodger?'

Ha! I haven't got any Jammie Dodgers.

'But I saw you eating Jammie Dodgers on Saturday.'

Oh, invading my privacy again? Yeah, yeah. That was on Saturday. They're all gone now.

'Oh.'

Don't be sad, Voice. You don't want to ruin your figure anyway.

'I suppose not.'

Anyway ...

No more snacks!

I'm still not as discplined as I would like to be.

But I will be.

Chaos and dirt make you weak.

The good news? I'm getting stronger.

I can fight chaos and dirt. I must!

I must
I must
I must

I will!