Thursday 24 November 2022

Music??? COME ON!!!

What would a Beatles BIG TWENTY look like???

Let's find out ...

A Day In The Life
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday
Strawberry Fields Forever
I Am The Walrus
The Long and Winding Road
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Penny Lane
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Here Comes The Sun
All You Need Is Love
In My Life
Here, There and Everywhere
Tomorrow Never Knows
Good Day Sunshine
Michelle
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Come Together

... Yeah, I reckon. I mean, I've just done it quickly.

It's better than the BIG TWENTY of any other artist(s), but, hopefully, dear kooks, you can see the drop off in quality ...

A Day In The Life
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday
Strawberry Fields Forever
I Am The Walrus
The Long and Winding Road
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Penny Lane

The BIG TEN. You see?

In fact, I don't think my new list works as a BIG TWENTY, not really.

Do you understand???

NOW ...

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future
Life and Death
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
Lovers On The Make
Stella
Malibu
What's This Life We Live?
And Rain Came Down

I could add Good Times at the end, but I won't. I refuse!

Anyway ...

The next challenge for me is to write another nine songs ... to the same standard.

Listen! I know I will be able to do it within the next three or four years BECAUSE ... I'm aware of the challenge. I know what needs to be done.

You dig?

Most songwriters aren't like this. They're just blindly writing songs.

'Mikey.'

What, Voice?

'Maybe you shouldn't be posting this because one day some other songwriters might read it and start following your example. And everyone knows how much you hate competition. You're pratically psychotic about it.'

Yeah, yeah. It's not a problem, man. And I'll tell you why ...

Firstly, most artists are too arrogant to follow anyone's advice or example.

Secondly, most artists are too lazy and unambitious. Basically, they're not psychotic like me. Yeah, I admit it!

And when I say "most" ... maybe I'm saying "all".

Thirdly, reading about something and doing it are two completely different things. I've read David Goggins' book Can't Hurt Me a number of times, and listened to the audiobook until I'm blue in the face ... and I'm still not like him. The book has sold over three million copies, and there's still no one like him. No one has followed his example.

'Okay, boss, I'm convinced. Keep going then. Keep on rockin' in the free world!'

Thanks, Voice. I will!

Laters, kooks!

'Bye!'



So, what's the secret? Maybe, and I'm just saying now ... you've got to be so obsessed with your mission that it's actually unhealthy and everyone else is too scared to follow.