Wednesday 30 November 2022

Unless ...

Yes, unless ... Detlef sends me one of those lovely PR emails of his, I reckon this will be one of those weeks where I don't mention finance at all.

'You just mentioned it, boss!'

Shut up, idiot!

I mean, I'm not writing about it. 'Oh. / Are you writing about music then?' Yeah. 'Your new tune?' Yeah. I think it has the potential to be my third best song, and my most commercial song. 'Oh. / What's changed since the other day when it was only your seventh best song?' I can play it properly now.

I mean, yes, I mean ... I was struggling to play it when I first wrote it. Now after many finger-bleeding rehearsal sessions, I can see - or rather hear - the tune's full potential. Actually, it's the most earwormy tune I've ever had. 'Really?' It's been going a-ROUND, and a-ROUND, and a-ROUND in my head constantly. 'Oh dear!' I'm not complaining, idiot!

Christ! He knows nothing about songwriting, kooks. Ignore him. 'Well, I know who you're working for.' Who?! 'The cosmos.' Ha! The cosmos is working for me. 'Whatever.'

Ignore him.

I need a lyric now. Before Christmas? I live in hope. 'Don't live in hope, Mikey. Get it done!' All right, Mr Motivator.

This voice ...

Anyway, ... ... ... how fast can I get my BIG TWENTY ... ??? Will it really take three or four years?

Three or four months would be better.

'No one has written so many great songs that fast before.'

Oh, this voice ...

Voice! No one has had the cosmos working for them before!!!

'Fair point. / He's working for the cosmos, kooks.'

I heard that!

Anyway ... 

Oh, this new song could replace Lovers On The Make at the end of the album.

'That would mean putting four big pop/rock ballads on the second album.'

Yeah. I'm crazy.

Anyway ...

Anything else?

Well, I've got PR emails, but I haven't looked at them. I'm just not in the mood, man. Apologies to anyone who's sending me this stuff, BUT(!) ... I want to be a rock and roll star, you dig?

I've got to write another conceptual later. Uh. Maybe I'll write about earworms.

That squirrel! I tell you! The other week, he wasn't there in Richmond, so I presumed he had gone away for the winter, but no! He was back again yesterday ... trying to get at my sandwich. What a character!

Anyway ...

That's all the news.

Laters.

'Bye!'