Wednesday 5 April 2023

I'd love to know the point of everything

Can you tell me?

Kook or square.

You, you, you ...

No, you can't. Because you're deluded. And that's all right. I wasn't expecting anything else.

Maybe you deserve a Jammie Dodger.
And maybe you don't.
I really can't tell from here.

There's always Jaffa Cakes, anyway.

Don't you think?

And bourbon biscuits.

What do you deserve?

So, please ... none of your theories on the point of everything. I'm too wise to take you seriously.

Seriously.

But I would love to know. Just for a laugh, like. I don't laugh much these days. Maybe God can tell me.

Yeah, right.

No, no, no. I - and others - replaced Him with the cosmos. And the cosmos doesn't talk, doesn't think. It doesn't actually care.

The cosmos is just a massive piece of consciousness, filling the physical universe, living large.

Dealing out visions and dreams to the spiritual aristocrats.

I suppose it feels.

I keep getting tunes, man. Yes, tunes I don't need at the moment.

I doubt I'll write that novel. It will just be another book. Nothing special even if people thought it was special.

Blah, blah, blah.

Do you know what I mean?

Words, words, words.

My eyes ... are ... heavy.

My mind was drifting in and out of a sleepy state this afternoon after my ten-mile walk to Richmond and back ... and a really great tune came to me, and I sang it into the Zoom Handy Recorder.

Maybe I'll use it, and maybe I won't.

I don't need songs at the moment.

I need the will to pick up my guitar, yes ... and hold it and play it for ten hours at a time in the mouldy room.

Every day!

I don't have much energy.

Very little will since the death of meaning and the point of whatever.

Whatever it is.

Whatever I'm talking about ... we may never know.

Ha, ha, ha!

Laughing without joy.

Soon, I'll be sitting on a rock, facing the sea ... I'll have no electricity, so no laptop, and limited use of my phone.

I'll have nothing to do for fourteen or sixteen hours a day but play guitar. Maybe I'll fall asleep, and into the sea, and that will be the end of me.

Or maybe I'll become a guitar wizard because there was nothing else to do.

There was nothing else to do
There was nothing else to do
There was nothing else to do

I can see the future, you know?

I see it
I see it
I see it

But I can't make it
It ... makes ... me