Wednesday 26 July 2023

I've had a Jamaican patty

I've had a can of Stella.

I've had me chips.

What else do you need to know?

I'm eating those Starburst things now, but they used to be called Opal Fruits when I was a kid.

"Original" Starburst, they say. What is wrong with these people?! How can they be original if the original name was Opal Fruits???

Stop the world! I want to get off!

I can't even be bothered to look at the PR emails. Don't ask me where the Voice is. I don't know.

I've got to write a new lyric. I was supposed to be taking a year(s) off music, but they drag me back in with a great new tune.

Don't they?

Anyway, I only need 15 lines for my poem. I've got 140, very nicely polished - in case you're wondering.

Could I have another Stella? Anything is possible. There's three more in the fridge, you know. Three!

Those Jamaican patties are nice. Vegetable ones, obviously.

The chips were nice. The best chips in this area, actually. They've won prizes.

I'm not crazy about the purple Starburst, so I eat them first. The green/lime ones are my favourite.

I haven't seen those Toffo sweets for a long time. I used to like the packs with different flavours.

Not the plain Toffos. I didn't like them.

The Sweeney is on. Karl Howman is in this one. He was in Stardust, by the way. In the band. Stevie. He's Davy now.

It's not going to be any problem being a poet rock star. Or just poet star. It's all right.

That new song may change things a bit. However, poet star is cool. I can do it. I don't really care too much as long as I can play stadiums. Poet star or rock star. I'm really not fussed.

Sometimes I want to smash my laptop with a hammer.

How many twats do I need ... talking rubbish in the street? An endless supply, apparently.

The problem with these old TV programmes is that everyone's dead - almost. Maybe ... They can live forever!

What do you think?

Those 15 lines I need for the poem have got to be good. They're going near the end. I've already written the end.

I might have another Stella.

Or maybe I'll play it safe with a coffee.

What do you think?

I'm saving the lime ones until last.

Karl was in Minder, too. He even had his own sitcom once.

And he was in the Porridge film.

Lennie Godber was Kate Beckinsale's dad.

I could do with all three of those Stellas ...

I'll just have the coffee.

There's a weirdo outside with plastic gloves ... playing with rubbish bags. He's always doing it.

I might sell my electric guitar this week.

I'll just take it to one of those shops that buy stuff. Probably won't get a great price, but I don't want to mess around with adverts and that.

Karl's punched a police officer.

But Regan is friends with his mum, which means he'll be all right. Regan always goes easy on villains he knows personally. Everyone else is a slag.

Those streets look familiar.

Carter wants a bacon sarnie.

This guy playing a copper played a villain in the film Sweeney 2. How is that possible?!

Never mind.

But the first Sweeney film had quite a few guys playing different roles.

It's just acting, ain't it?

I hope it doesn't rain too much tonight. I'm not in the mood for it.

A dozen big poems would be great.

Oh, it's set in Acton! Regan has called for an ambulance.