Monday 28 August 2023

Anything else? Poetry?

Yeah, yeah. I mean ...

No PR email today, kooks, because ... it's bank holiday Monday. That's a good excuse. A brilliant excuse, actually.

I'm very pleased with that excuse, yes.

I've got seven poems now. Everything seems to be going to plan. I'm writing grand speeches like I said I would ... sprinkled with sardonic humour to make them bearable.

In theory, I could send three poems to Poetry Review, but I can't at the moment because of my complicated situation.

I'll be stopping all this soon. Poetry news. Music news. Personal news. Just financial news. This is a financial blog.

I'm tired of finance.

Where's the Voice?

'I'm just listening, boss.'

Ain't you got nothing to say?

'I'm tired.'

All right.

Tired! On the astral plane. Ha!

Never mind.

He hasn't even got a body.

'I've got an astral body!'

Whatever.

Give my love to Yeats.

Anyway ...

Yeah, I wrote a free verse poem at the weekend, forty lines. It started off pretty bad with an awful title, but I was really aggressive and desperate to write another great poem, so ... it became great, you dig? No filler! All killer!

In theory, again ... I could quickly write twenty-three filler poems and get published, I reckon, because ... the seven I've got would carry the whole volume. But I'm not going to do that, obviously.

We can't have filler, these days. Do you understand, kooks? The robots won't stand for it.

[I'll smash them into junk, you wait and see. I hate those metal muthas. 'Metal Mickey is all right.' I hate him, too. / Voice is still here. 'I'm listening!']

Anyway ...

There's nothing doesn't have any sprinkles, and it's vastly superior to the Nothing lyric. I took a lot out, and I moved stuff around, and changed words, and wrote another stanza.

I can't do music right now.

I ain't got no time, you dig?

Never mind
Never mind
Never mind

I'm planning to only watch only the battle scenes from Alexander only with nothing else, no TV, no YouTube, no listening to music -

'You won't be able to do it. You've tried before.'

I will try again. Be quiet.

My mindset ain't right.

So I will try again.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS