Thursday 7 August 2008

Gerald Corrigan: no one has any illusions

Gerald Corrigan says: 'No one has any illusions. No one at Goldman Sachs or any other bank has any illusions. We are not living in a fantasy world. We know that Big Herb is real. We know that he loves us. We know that he died for our money. And we appreciate it. We really do. You have to deal in hard facts. You have to look at the situation with a cold eye. Or even two cold eyes. I know about reality. The real reality. I've lived in the desert. Believe me, I know what it feels like to be smashed out of your head on peyote and to be burning in the fire of money as it vibrates with the cosmos. I don't have any illusions. I know that if we're going to beat this credit crisis, all of us will have to burn in the desert. Yes, all of us. All of us must believe. I believe. Sometimes my belief drives me to tears. I can't think of Big Herb without crying. That man died for us. And now he is a god. And Ganesh? Sure, Ganesh is a great money god as well. A great big elephant of a god. I love that guy. And I have no illusions. I know that the ghosts of the dead financiers want us to succeed. They don't want to see bankers, traders, and investors suffering. Why would they want that? The spirit world is behind us. That's the truth. The astral plane is rocking with love for us. Go into your subconscious and see for yourself, if you don't believe me. If you have any illusions, lose them fast. Become aware. Awake. Alive with the cosmos. And know that Big Herb loves you.'

Thank you, Gerald. That needed to be said.