Tuesday 4 December 2012

Kleinheinz Capital Partners is closing

Another fucking hedge fund has had enough. What the hell is going on, Voice? 'It's a sign 'o' the times, Mikey. I don't blame guys like John Kleinheinz for calling it quits. There are better things you can do, like write songs, play guitar and that.' But what about Daniel Lascano, the true believer?! 'He'll learn. The hard way, if he has to.'

Some people never learn though. / Mark Stupfel works at Kleinheinz Capital and he's planning to start his own hedge fund. 'Ha!' Can you believe this character, man? 'Man, it's beyond my comprehension. He's probably got enough money to live on for the rest of his life, yet he wants to put himself through more heartache. Unbelievable.' / Mark, listen to us, son. Don't you have any hobbies? 'Can you play keyboards?' Yeah, Mark, can you play keyboards? 'Mikey, we're wasting our time with this one.' I think you're right, Voice.

_________________________


I don't imagine there'll be a lot of news for the rest of the year. (More hedge funds closing, a few opening.) I'm looking forward to next year. Hopefully, it will be the year I finally get beyond finance, and beyond the THREE. 'Beyond Thunderdome, even.'

It all depends on the music. / I'll be playing guitar later, tonight. I'm going out after lunch. Chiswick, maybe. / I still need eighteen lines of lyric for my final song (of the demo, not ever.) / The song is taking so long because it's got to better than anything anyone else can do. (Do now. I'm not talking about the past glories of people like McCartney and Bacharach. / Plan B is class.) It's the best way to guarantee a publishing deal. / As for a recording contract, I don't know. I need to improve as a musician. (I haven't played the piano for twenty years.) My singing is fine these days. I mean, good enough. / Do I want a quiet life or a noisy life? / I'm going to start off writing for others, and then see what happens. All I can say is, I've never been this fired up. And that's down to the two songs I've completed.

Right, egg sandwich. A quick read of the Sun, then out. / Laters.