Wednesday 20 March 2013

Andrey Hicks - is it a crime now to be a fantasist?

Fake hedge fund manager Andrey Hicks has been sent to prison for forty months! 'For what, Mikey?' For pretending to be a hedge fund manager. 'This is an outrage!' / He also stole $2.3 million from his clients. 'Oh. Well ...' Hicks is a fantasist. He lied about his education and his work history, Voice. And there was his Locust Offshore Management. 'What about his Locust Offshore Management, man? Was it real?' No, it didn't exist. It was a figment of his imagination. 'Bloody hell!' / BUT IS HE ANY WORSE THAN ALL THE HEDGIES WHO SAY THEY'RE STARTING FUNDS AND THEN DON'T START THEM? 'Yes.' You're probably right, Voice. What do I know? 'You know nothing!' And that's the way I like it. You can't go far wrong if you know NOTHING. It's all these hellish people who know SOMETHING that have fucked the world up.

_________________________


I ain't got much else to write about - at the moment. I'm hungry. / I'll be working on a conceptual after lunch, and I'm looking forward to it because I'll be writing about me moving a-ROUND like a tiger on Vaseline. It should be a lot of fun.

I've been playing My Heart quite a bit on the guitar. I love the way it sounds now. However, I'm too scared to record it. I think I'll wait until I've written one more song, and then record them together. I probably won't use Gilly Marie. But I'm not sure. I keep changing my mind. I really want THREE GREAT SONGS - so that no one can fuck with me. / Great songs just don't get written these days. I think the last truly great songs were Amy Winehouse's Rehab, Love Is A Losing Game, and Back to Black from 2006. In the Sixties and Seventies though there were a couple of great songs released practically every month.

Oh, there was Neil Young's Ramada Inn recently.