Wednesday 27 March 2013

Gregory Herbert? I've never even heard of the guy!

How is this fair, reader(s), eh? Someone I've never heard of has taken over the Jupiter European Income fund. Greg's the new manager! Yes, Cedric is a bit of an eccentric, but ... I can't understand it!!! Cedric de Fonclare is actually a close personal friend of mine ... these days, in my imagination. I know I gave him a hard time about the Big Herb stuff. That's all water under the bridge now. Big Herb is dead. There ain't no desert no more. Cedric got a beating, but he learnt his lesson. I had to forgive and forget. Until today, that is. This morning I remembered, or was forced to remember, that I had such a dear friend, because there's a story that Gregory Herbert is running the fund. / I don't know how this happened. No one asked for my permission. And I haven't spoken to Cedric yet. I'll be honest with you, dear reader(s), everything is a bit chaotic with me at the moment. I'm trying to write those songs, and improve my guitar playing. And then there's Vodafone, as well. (The cretins can't even deliver a signal in West FUCKING London! What's going on?!) So maybe there's an explanation. John Chatfeild-Roberts says: "We are delighted". Ha! We? Who is "we", mate? You can leave me out of it! And I still don't know who John is! (John, my angel turns me on, but I'm only writing this post.) And this is the firm with more financial shamans than it knows what to do with! Is Greg a shaman? I've never heard of him.

Incredible! 'Mikey - Gregory will apply the same investment process which has enabled the team to deliver strong long term outperformance in varying market conditions across their portfolios.' I don't care, Voice. 'But that's a good thing, ain't it?' Man, I don't want to hear about it. Ignorance is bliss. 'You're shutting yourself off from these people when they need your goddamn help, boy!' THEY DON'T NEED MY HELP!!! They're grown adults. They know what they're doing. Of course, they'll come running to me when it all goes wrong.

And this is why I want out. Over the last six years I could have written a hundred songs. A hundred! Easily. 'You've got responsibilities, Mikey. You led these lunatics out into the desert. You made them your mystical children. You indoctrinated them, and touched them with the burning love. Then you closed the desert down - which I didn't agree with - and dragged everyone back to the cities, the City, and Wall Street, and now you just want to abandon everything when we're on the verge of a REVOLUTION?! Are you fucking crazy?! It's not on, man. It's just not on.' Leave me alone, Voice! I'm tired and I want to be left alone.

I am so very tired.