Monday 29 April 2013

Stefan Krause says hedge funds are getting all the talent

Stefan Krause is the chief financial officer at Deutsche Bank, and he reckons all the talent is moving to hedge funds. (Well, not all of it. I'm not going to a hedge fund. After lunch, I've got that lyric to write. I'm really excited. This new one will be a crooner's torch song. I can see Tony Bennett recording it, seriously. 'Fuck off, Mikey!' I'm serious, Voice.) / So, bankers don't want to work in banks no more. It's all the stupid regulations, ain't it? 'And the bonus limits.' Oh, and the bonus limits. There's no future in banking for the ambitious. 'Or the greedy.' That's a bit harsh, Voice. 'I'm only saying it the way I see it, man.' You commie son of a bitch!

_________________________


Anyway, radio silence on the music front for a while. I'm getting very close, reader(s). It'll only be a few weeks now. I should have been in this position a year ago, but ... well, I've been committed to getting three great songs for my demo. These things take time. / Jimmy Webb has only written three truly great songs in his whole career: By The Time I Get To Phoenix, Wichita Lineman, and Galveston. So ...

It's a nice sunny day. Maybe I'll go out after lunch, and then work on the lyric tonight. I've got to do a few hours guitar practice as well.

God knows what kind of summer we're going to get. / I probably won't go to Cornwall, unless my ship comes in ... you never know. I'm feeling positive. I'm pretty sure it won't be the Titanic.

Sunshine through the window. This is what I'm talking about!

Lunch? Cheese sandwich, yoghurt and that. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Dinner? Veggie burger tonight.

_________________________


By the time I get to Phoenix she'll be rising
She'll find the note I left hangin' on her door
She'll laugh when she reads the part that says I'm leavin'
'Cause I've left that girl so many times before ...