Wednesday 3 April 2013

'The Blackstone Group is going to buy Credit Suisse!'

Who said that? 'I did, Mikey.' I think you've got it wrong. 'No, I don't think so, man. You're out of the loop.' Don't be ridiculous, Voice. Blackstone doesn't have enough money to buy Credit Suisse. 'You should do some research. I'm not your intern, you know.' / Oh, hang on a minute. The Blackstone Group might buy this CS Strategic Partners unit nonsense, whatever that is. Not the whole goddamn bank! 'Well ...' Idiot!

Sorry about that, dear reader. You can't get the staff these days. At least not with the money I'm paying. 'Which is nothing. I don't even get my bus fares.' Shut up! 'Workfare is slavery!!!' Fuck off, Voice! You're just a voice in my head!

These anarchists, eh?

_________________________


And in other news ...

There's been more hysteria in the media about the benefits culture, but it matters not a jot what the fascist nutjobs say. The fact is: you cannot squeeze five million unemployed people into half a million job vacancies. Yes, five million is the true figure when you include those on the sick, workfare slaves, etc. (In my experience, fascists aren't all that big on logic, it's more an emotional thing with them.) / And it's not a solution to take away the money of "scroungers" because when they get hungry they'll go looking for nice rich people to bludgeon in their beds. Is that we want? Personally, I'd rather live in a civilized country, but then I've always been a bit of an eccentric.

Laters.