Thursday 18 April 2013

The 5:15 Capital hedge fund is closing down

Yes, the 5:15 Capital hedge fund is on time for oblivion. No, it's not a train. It's a song. 'A what, Mikey?!' Not a what, Voice. A who. 'What?' It's a song by The Who. 'What is?' 5:15. 'Eh?' Don't worry about it. All you need to know is that E.G. Fisher and Rob Wahl are returning money to investors. 'Who?' Fisher and Wahl. They're the founders of the hedge fund. 'Oh, right. And where does Keith Moon come into it?' He plays the drums, on the astral plane somewhere. 'But you've banned all that, the astral plane!' Only for finance types, Voice. I can't stop drummers drumming, and I wouldn't want to. 'It's all very confusing, Mikey.' No it's not. But I will say, it's a poor song. "Out of my brain on the 5:15." Well ... 'They should have called their fund Magic Bus Capital.' Yeah, that would have been better. "I don't want to cause no fuss, but can I invest in your magic bus?" Ha! 'Is that the lyric, man?' No.

Acton, the home of rock and roll.

_________________________


I wrote a new tune last night. It's early days yet, but it might be good enough for the third song on my demo. It certainly has potential.

I'm playing the guitar now for at least two hours a day on busy blogging days, and even more at other times - three or four hours. It should make me more creative, musically. Inspiration doesn't just happen. You've got to be active.

Lunch? No surprises. Cheese sandwich, crisps, yoghurt, Coke. / I ain't going to no fancy restaurant. I'm staying home, having fun as usual.