Wednesday 8 May 2013

We'll have to do something about this Jeremy Podger

Well, I will. It's a question of arrogance. His, I mean. / Jeremy Podger says: "I refuse to become a hostage to the wild, mad spinning cycles of one of Michael Fowke's conceptual blog posts. He's done it to Mike Corcell, and others. But he ain't doing to me, man."

It sounds like a challenge to my authority, doesn't it? 'That's what it is, Mikey. What are you going to do about it?' What do you think I'm going to do, Voice? After lunch ... 'No. 119?' You bet your ass No. 119! It's going to be carnage. I'll make Jeremy so dizzy that he won't know if he's coming or going.

Jeremy Podger manages the Fidelity Global Special Situations fund. / Do you remember this, dear reader(s)? -

Podger won't be managing any sort of fund. He'll be under the arches with the rest of us. And he won't be eating out in posh restaurants. No, he'll be in the soup kitchens with the rest of us.

Well, that didn't happen, but I think I rattled him. That's why he's shooting his mouth off now to all and sundry, trying to play the big man, telling people I ain't shit, that I don't have no great powers. Ha! I'm going to have some real fun today. You better believe it, baby. No. 119!!!

_________________________


There are some flats for sale in St Ives. Only £130,000 or so, for two bedrooms. Pretty reasonable. / I'd like to live there one day. I'm still waiting for my ship to come in.

I need to finish that lyric, man. I've got no inspiration at the moment. I don't want to write a meaningless lyric. It's supposed to be a crooner's classic, a torch song.

The 'Burbs is a good film.