Thursday 26 September 2013

Who is Screaming Lord Libor?

Is he an old pop star, making a comeback? (Sutch, Byron ... Woodford.) No. No. No. (No. No. No. That would be something worth writing about.) Unfortunately, he's Colin Goodman, an ex-ICAP broker in trouble with the law. 'In trouble with everyone, Mikey.' Yes, Voice. The FCA, the Serious Fraud Office, the US Department of Justice, the CIA, Navy Seals, Boy Scouts - everyone! They all want a piece of Screaming Lord Libor. 'Is it because he screams, boss?' (YES!) Maybe. Or it could be because Colin and his mates, Darrell Read and Daniel Wilkinson, were up to no good, allegedly. / Well (well, well) I don't know, and I don't want to know. Frankly, it's none of my business, this Libor/ICAP nonsense, and if more writers were like me, the world would be a much nicer place. 'Would it?!' Oh yes. If we didn't hear about this stuff, it wouldn't upset us, would it? / I was hoping to write about music. I woke up this morning all happy and everything. Now look at me. 'You look pretty miserable, boss. What are you going to do about it?' Well, Voice, I'm going to have my lunch, and then I'm going to write a conceptual post about ... Screaming Lord Libor. 'What?! Another post about Colin? How will that help?' Well (well, well) I'll get a-ROUND so fast and CRAZY(!), man, that NONE of it will make / sense. It'll be a sort of exorcism. 'Oh, I get you. You're a fucking genius, Mikey!' Tell me about it.

Egg sandwich, in case you're wondering.