Tuesday 31 October 2023

Just like Bodhi

Like Bodhi, I am proof that the human spirit is still alive. And that might turn out to be my greatest achievement.

I need a title for my first volume of poetry ...

The Human Spirit

or

The Human Spirit is Still Alive

???

Probably not. Titles are difficult, man. Not for individual poems, but just for collections.

I don't know.

All I do know is ...

The human spirit is still alive. Even with smartphones, and artificial intelligence, and more and more fascism by the day ...

... and all the other rubbish ...

THE HUMAN SPIRIT IS STILL ALIVE - !!!

That's me. I am the human spirit. And I can't even surf!

'Mikey don't surf!'

Oh, hello, Voice.

'Hello. / Where's all the finance, boss?'

Ha, ha, ha!

Well, you'll be glad to hear, Voice, that Lucky is preparing a PDF for us.

'Brilliant!'

Yeah, yeah.

It's not brilliant, son. But it's cheap. Lucky is cheap.

Anyway ...

How did I get to the age of fifty-four without becoming so ooo ooo ooo beaten down by life?

Ha!

It's my secret. I won't ever tell.

However, maybe I'll be under the waves soon. I don't know. Will that be a tragedy?

I've got to stay positive, man!

The important thing is ...

The galaxies. At least two trillion of them. I must think of the galaxies, and lose my fear of the waves, or ... of anything ... you dig?

Life goes on.

The human spirit might actually become the dolphin spirit. That's something to hope for.

But not in the sea, no!

'No!'

I deserve a bigger prize than that.

You know, kooks, don't you?

'They know.'

I'm talking about outer space.

Flying forever!

'Nice one!'

Yes, yes ... it will be nice, I'm sure.

Listen ...

Rockets are for squares and losers.

Just saying, like.

You, you, you ...

You want to become a cosmic dolphin. That's what you want.

Think about it.
Work towards it.
Expand your mind.

Laters!

'Bye!'