Monday 16 October 2023

The Battle of Blythe Road

Dear readers ...

I'm cold this morning, but ...

I don't feel like writing, but ...

Have you read the The Devil Rides Out ... ??? It's well known that Dennis Wheatley based the evil Mocata on Aleister Crowley. They actually met for lunch before Wheatley started work on the novel. The question is: Did the events at Blythe Road on 19th April 1900 influence it?

You may know or not know, my dear kooks, I don't know, but you should know ... this was an occult battle between W. B. Yeats and Crowley at the premises of The Golden Dawn in Hammersmith. Apparently, they were shouting spells at each other on the stairs. The fight only ended when Yeats kicked Crowley down the stairs! Surely, Wheatley would have done his research and been aware of this incident ... ???

'Maybe Crowley told him at the lunch.'

Yeah. Maybe. (What did he tell him though?)

Wheatley must have known.

Ha! Yeats was a real-life Duke de Richleau.

Interesting, eh?

'Amazing!'

Yeah.

I'm cold.

Anyway ...

The Yeats and Heaney thing last Christmas was far more pleasant. However, they're friends, so ...

Anyway ... 

Uh.

I don't fancy finance today. Obviously, I've got PR emails.

'You've always got PR emails, boss.'

Yes, Voice. They're the bane of my life.

Uh.

And it's cold today.

And ...

I bought some mince pies at the weekend. I ate two and threw four away. Why? The supermarket I bought them from is using cheaper ingredients now. 'Are the pies more expensive, too?' Probably.

They were disgusting.

It's just the way things are, I'm afraid.

Everything is smaller and more expensive and more disgusting.

I mean ...

Such mince pies are the bane of my life.

I won't touch them.

I'd rather go hungry, you know?

No one should be forced to eat mince pies of that quality.

'It's a disgrace!'

It is!

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS