Wednesday 11 October 2023

To increase by an impressive 388%

Oh, what's this now?! What's to increase by such a large amount?

'I wish you wouldn't do this, boss.'

Do what, Voice?

'You know what.'

Shut up. It's my blog.

'I'm your partner!'

Shut up. Junior partner.

Anyway ...

Basingstoke, UK - 4th October 2023: A new study from Juniper Research, the foremost experts in fintech & payments markets, has found the total volume of virtual card transactions will reach 175 billion by 2028; rising from 36 billion in 2023. Growing by a significant 388%, the market will be accelerated by the adoption of API (Application Programming Interface) virtual card issuing platforms.

What?!

A virtual card uses a randomly generated and generally temporary card number linked to a payment account; used to process payments in lieu of genuine payment details. Virtual cards provide a secure and fast way to distribute funds, while effectively managing spending limits.

Oh, okay.

Oh, God. I just ...

'Come on!'

What does Danny Boy say?

Research author Daniel Bedford comments: "By offering Banking-as-a-Service APIs featuring virtual cards, vendors such as Stripe empower businesses to launch their own virtual card programmes. We recommend that virtual card vendors focus on API-enabled models, to maximise the flexibility virtual cards provide."

All right, Mr Bedford. I'm sure you know what you're going on about.

'Ha!'

And there's more of it, my kooks, this email, but I've had enough, strangely enough. More than enough.

I'm tired.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

Oh oh oh

But this can't be the ENDS, surely?

'Give us more!'

At this time of night???

'More!'

But I'm tired.

'More!'

More ...

Er ...

Okay, okay. In his poems, Auden used the word "love" just as much as The Beatles did in their early songs.

I've checked, you see.

'Interesting fact!'

Yes.

'Haven't you got better ways of spending your time?'

Uh.

What, like, er ... kicking your teeth in, you mean?

'Ha, ha, ha! I ain't got no teeth, boss.'

Yeah.

'I ain't got no head. Ha, ha, ha!'

Yeah.

Well done, Voice - for being a disembodied voice, like.

'Thanks.'

It's a great achievement.

'Thanks.'

It really is.

Anyway ...

I'm going to sleep.

'Sweet dreams!'

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS