Thursday 28 January 2010

If

If I call myself a financial shaman, it doesn't mean I am one.

If I am writing about banks and hedge funds, it doesn't mean I am writing about banks and hedge funds.

If I use the two words 'Bob Diamond', it doesn't mean I am referring to Bob Diamond.

If you are confused, my writing has no connection to anything you know about.

If you know all about it, your lack of confusion will damage you, make you become more confused than someone who has always been confused.

If you love this, it doesn't mean you understand it.

If you hate this, it doesn't mean you understand it.

If you have a firm idea of what I am trying to achieve, you are wrong.

If you have no idea of what I am trying to achieve, it doesn't mean I am not trying to achieve anything.

If it all seems like nonsense, you are a damn fool.

If you are expecting it to make sense, you have missed the point.

If my mysticism seems fake, think again.

If my mysticism seems genuine, think again.

If you're thinking again, you haven't understood a thing.