Monday 13 August 2012

I'm waiting for some heavy news before I get excited

But what are the chances? It's still August, for Christ's sake! And it's the early hours of the morning. Oh, I'll keep waiting.

No one needs me for that crap, anyway. (Especially not you.) I ain't gonna save no souls with talk of new hedge funds launching and old hedge funds closing. Man, I was born for better things. You know it. I know it. Who are we kidding here? I'm glad we understand each other. I mean, we're really on the same wavelength, aren't we? There's no bullshit between us. Yeah, bosom buddies. It's so beautiful.

...

If you're an artist you've got to keep your shit together at all times. You never know who's coming up behind you. The only artist I can forgive for slacking off is Picasso. That guy was at the top of his game for forty years and he tore every other painter in history a new arsehole. Maybe he should have gone into abstraction and conceptualism, I don't know. But I think he did enough. And in a funny way, I like the slapdash paintings he made later on. Basically saying to the world: 'Fuck you, I'm Picasso.'