Tuesday 14 August 2012

Liontrust Asset Management wants to give more bonuses to its fund managers

Even more cash, or shares, or gold bars. And Liontrust wants approval at its annual general meeting. Oh, Christ! They don't need a goddamn meeting! All they've got to do is ask me. And I'll tell them right now: I APPROVE! So what's all the fuss about? Why is everyone so worried?

It's a sign of the times, I suppose. Financiers are scared of their own shadows these days. It's a terrible shame. But what can we do about it? Should we urge the men and women of finance to stay at home, in their bedrooms, with the curtains drawn, and with the lights out? That would deal with the shadows, wouldn't it? / No! What a ridiculous idea! But I'll think of something. Give me a day or two and I'll come up with a solution.

_________________________


Not exactly the heavy news I was waiting for, this. Maybe I'll have to start making my own news. I can't rely on those wasters, can I? / And I think I've been very patient. I know a lot of shamans who would have put a curse on them by now, really fucked their lives up. I guess I feel sorry for the poor sods. Their lives are already pretty miserable. All this watching, and then telling us the news. But there's no doing. When are they going to live?

I'm just glad I have my conceptual literature. It's more than writing. I feel so alive when I'm in my conceptual posts, going a-ROUND and a-ROUND, all shamanic and that. Yes, it's real shamanic literature, and I'll never get off.

Music update? I wrote a fragment of a new tune last night. Well, it would be more accurate to say that it wrote itself, the way music always does for me. I must be possessed. I'm not complaining. / It's very catchy. I'm hoping I'll be able to develop it, and then get a lyric for it. Once I've overcome my irrational fear of writing lyrics, there'll be no stopping me. I'll be like Bacharach and David and Lennon and McCartney all rolled into one. It'll be a creative orgy!


Update: My fucking guitar was out of tune last night. That's why the music sounded so good. Now it sounds shit. It's lost forever! Never mind. You win some, you lose some, eh? If only I had more time ... Why don't any of us have enough time, to do the things we really want to do?