Wednesday 8 April 2020

Whatever happens ... we'll always have parcels

Christ! Why doesn't he take a day off?! 'Is this Jinksy again, boss?' Of course it is. Who else would it be?

Keep calm and carry on sending parcels - even large and heavy ones.

Post Offices may be cutting hours, delivery offices slashing services and many parcel drop-off points closing entirely, but Britain's couriers continue to pick up safely from doorsteps, says ParcelHero. What's more, they are still even picking up large and heavy items.

Yeah, great. Listen, Jinksy! My local post office is shut.

Traditional Post Offices are now cutting their hours to 9am-3pm and many delivery offices are slashing the time you can drop off parcels or pick up missed deliveries to two hours in the morning (7-9am), confirms the courier price comparison site ParcelHero. Some delivery companies have also shut their parcel pick-up and drop-off points entirely; but the good news is that UK couriers are continuing to collect and deliver to customers' houses. Senders are still able to arrange collection for large and heavy items, and even pallet loads, adds ParcelHero, which specializes in large and heavy parcels.

No, no, no. Not reduced hours, son. Shut! Am I talking to myself? 'I can hear you, boss.' That's a comfort, Voice. It really is.

In his latest update on UK courier services David Jinks MILT, Head of Consumer Services at ParcelHero, says: "As the effects of the spread of The Thing continue to grow, many postal services are being restricted in various ways, but the UK's courier networks continue to come to customers' doors and pick up parcels safely for delivery to locations in the UK and overseas. Be aware that there are delays to many international destinations, however, and that service guarantees have been suspended because of the crisis. A number of international couriers have also introduced temporary surcharges until further notice."

Yeah, okay. Thanks, Mr Jinks.

ENDS

...

Anything else? Oh, a few things.

I've been reading in the Guardian about surviving The Thing - after hospital, like. It don't sound great, man. And it will be no use to me if my lungs are screwed up and I can't walk or talk properly, let alone play the guitar and sing. Do you know what I mean? I just hope The Thing goes away soon. How on earth are we meant to dodge it for another eighteen months?

I've bought some more films for my phone. The Football Factory, 24 Hour Party People, The World's End ... I'm gonna need a bigger SD card!

Music? I feel tempted to upgrade And Rain Came Down to the status of a world-beater, but I'll probably keep it on the bread-and-butter level. First class, of course. It's all subjective(?) anyway, and only really for my benefit. Dan Pena says if you want to achieve stuff, you've got to measure stuff. You dig?

I'll finish that other song soon, and it will be a world-beater. The tune and the lyrics are simple, very simple, BUT(!) ... it has grandeur. You need grandeur.

Listen! I haven't been out for any exercise, and I'm not sure I will go out. I like walking to Richmond and back. Ten miles. You can't do that now. So why bother? I don't want to share the local park with lunatic sunbathers.