Thursday 10 December 2020

I just want it to be Christmas

'Ha! Is that the title of your Christmas song, boss?'

I don't have a Christmas song, Voice.

'What happened to your Christmas song then?'

Oh, from a few years ago, you mean? I didn't write it.

'Oh.'

Never mind.

Maybe one day I will write it.

So ...

I've got a bit of a PR email, from Rhys ...

Butterfield Mortgages has just released new research uncovering how UK investors have been managing their financial portfolios and their plans for 2021. Based on a survey of almost 900 UK investors, Butterfield Mortgages found that 48% of investors have seen their portfolios fall in value due to The Thing, with 35% having moved money from high-risk to low-risk assets in 2020 - and 59% planning to prioritise low-risk assets next year.

So ...

'Is that it?!'

No, there's more.

But I just want it to be Christmas, you dig? I'm worn out. I need a rest, man.

'Do some more of the email, boss. Let Alpa speak!'

All right.

Come on, Alpa!

Alpa Bhakta, CEO of BML, says: "2020 has been a whirlwind year for investors. Clearly, the volatility and uncertainty caused by The Thing has meant investors are favouring security over returns by looking to safe haven assets.
 
"Our research shows this strategy is likely to continue in 2021. With the government's recent Spending Review highlighting the vast economic repercussions of The Thing, it is clear why investors are hesitant and not planning to make major decisions until there is greater certainty.
 
"For service providers, customer engagement remains extremely important. From banks through to mortgage providers, firms need to be in regular contact with clients, offering them the support and advice needed to help them overcome the challenges they are currently facing."

Thanks.

And ...

ENDS - !!! 

...

Uh.

I haven't got any Christmas music on my media player. Not even the classic Phil Spector album.

The problem with Christmas songs - as a writer, like - is ...

All the best ones have great melodies, and you have to wonder ... Is it worth wasting a great melody on a Christmas song?

I suppose the royalties would come in handy ...

Hang on! 'What?!'

I've got the John Lennon one on my media player, produced by ... [drum roll] ... Phil Spector!

'Let's hear it!'

Okay.

It's on now.

'Wonderful!'

Can you hear it, kook(s)?

...

What else?

There's nothing else.

I'm tired.

This is the last post of the week.

Next week will be the last week of blogging before Christmas.

I don't know how many mince pies or chocolates I will be eating yet.

'Start your diet after Christmas, Mikey.'

Ha! Yeah, that's what everyone does.

I'm having a veggie burger tonight. 'Is that allowed?' Of course it is!

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

Bye.

'Auf wiedersehen, pet(s)!'

Laters!