Monday 28 December 2020

Refinitiv: Lipper European fund flow report - November 2020

Oh, full of flow, hopefully - just like the hypnosis. 'Are you still doing that, boss?' Of course, Voice. Although this morning's session was the first one for a week. I think it's good to take a break. I'll be doing it once a day again from now on. 'You don't want to wreck your brain.' Ha! Don't worry about my brain, man.

Jesus!

Anyway ...

The November European fund flow industry report from the Lipper team at Refinitiv:

'Brilliant!' Tell me about it!

Long-term mutual funds posted strong net inflows for November 2020.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe in November amounted to estimated net inflows of €74.7bn.
Equity funds (+€63.4 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for November.
Equity Global (+€19.9 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds for November.
Stop Crying Your Heart Out.
Ireland (+€32.2 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Luxembourg (+€25.6 bn) and the U.K. (+€4.4 bn).
BlackRock (+€17.2 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for November, ahead of Credit Mutuel (+€4.7 bn) and State Street (+€4.2 bn).
The 10 best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share class level net inflows of €18.2 bn for November.
Amundi CA 15/12/2020 (+€5.0 bn) was the best-selling individual long-term fund share class for November.
 
Okay, okay.

Detlef?

Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "November 2020 was another positive month for the European fund industry since the mutual fund promoters enjoyed inflows of (€74.7bn). Meanwhile, the market environment has become quite uncertain as the second wave of The Thing hit major markets in Europe and investors feared a second Thing lockdown-induced economic downturn. Despite these fears, investors bought into risk assets as long-term funds enjoyed estimates net inflows of €67.4 bn while money market products had estimated inflows of €7.3bn."

Thanks, Detlef. Did you have a nice Christmas?

Detlef?

'I think he's gone, boss.'

DETLEF - ?! - ?! - ?!

'Boss, he's gone.'

Well, well ... how about that, eh, dear reader(s)? I only wanted to know if our Detlef had a nice Christmas. I guess he's one of these guys who doesn't like making small talk. 'Rude!' He's probably busy, Voice. 'Yeah, yeah.' Ha!

ENDS

...

Right. Anything else?

Yeah. I bought The Long Good Friday for my phone. Only £2.99. I had forgotten what a great film it was, uh, is.

'I thought you weren't buying any more films, boss?'

Shut up, you long streak of paralyzed piss!

'I beg your pardon?!'

Ha! Don't get upset, Voice. I was just quoting Bob Hoskins in the film.

'Oh, okay. I thought you were being abusive.'

Don't be silly. I love you, man.

Anyway ...

Uh. What else? Fresh start? Friday, obviously. I was going to do a soft launch today, but I can't be bothered now. Friday is best. Obviously.

Laters!