Thursday 17 December 2020

Our office Christmas party

That's, uh ... me and The Voice. Yes, our party. 'Hello, kooks!'

So, uh ...

'Aren't you going to put any music on, Mikey?'

Well, the problem is, Voice, I don't have many Christmas songs on my media player. 

I'm going to put Last Christmas by Wham! on, on, on repeat.

Actually, I have a PR email from Tara ... 'Oh, let's not work tonight, boss.' Shut up!

"At Hitachi Capital Business Finance we understand that no two businesses are the same. This plays out in how they do or don't celebrate the festive period, and we have noted some varying styles of people management based on whether business owners regard themselves to be introverted or extroverted. These characteristics play out in how they look after staff, approach new business and deal with suppliers."

'Oh.'

Yeah, they're saying that extroverted bosses spend more on their staff. 'Ha! You haven't spent a penny on me.' You're lucky to have a job. 'Whatever.'

The findings also suggest that bosses typically spend £746 on festive work events for their staff, again, a figure that rises to £931 for those entrepreneurs who are extroverted in nature (compared to £655 for introverted bosses), suggesting they are some of the most generous bosses. 

I'm just copying and pasting bits at random. I'm in party mood. I don't want to work tonight, to be honest. 'Good.'

Other festive work plans include:
Exchanging small festive treats (eg. Champagne) (22%)
Additional days off to be with their families (20%)
Personal phone call to say thank you for their hard work (20%)
Secret Santa (18%)
Christmas-themed quiz online (16%)
Online Christmas drinks party for the whole team (15%)

'Where's my champagne then?' Yeah, dream on!

Ah, that's enough of that.

Do you want a cookie, Voice? 'Is that all you've got?!' There's more food downstairs. But I've just got cookies now.

Never mind.

Well, this is fun. 'Yeah.'

This is fun
This is fun
This is fun

This is fun
This is fun
This is fun

Must keep saying it

Must keep believing

Must keep saying it

This is my voice now

I don't know where The Voice has gone

I don't know where the music has gone

This is fun
This is fun
This is fun

I don't know where I am

I don't want to know

I don't know who I am

I don't want to know

This is fun
This is fun
This is fun

This is fun
This is fun
This is fun

In my mind

In my soul

This is fun