Thursday 7 October 2021

Experts reveal the three top tips for trading in a post-Thing world

Oh, I'm sure they do, these experts. 'Experts are always revealing stuff, boss. They're a bloody nuisance.' Yeah, yeah.

Hello Michael,

The experts at BrokerChooser have provided insight into everything you need to know about investing in a post-Thing world.

Okay. Fair enough. Whatever.

Bence Rozsa, Broker Analyst and BrokerChooser comments:

"Over the course of lockdown people have tapped into their entrepreneurial side as more people have looked into ways of increasing their sources of income. There has been a big increase in trading activity over lockdown, things like GameStop and Dogecoin have seen interest in investing increase bringing it into the mainstream, along with the rise of TikTok investors. 

"2020 was a great year for brokers, with almost all brokers seeing increases in executed trades, XTB saw a 150% growth in executed trades in 2020. When it comes to user numbers, Robinhood grew the number of users by 145% in 2020, which is a massive increase when compared to 2019, where they only increased by 54%."

Right. Thanks, Bence.

Anyway, here are the three top tips -

1. Work out what sort of investor you are

I'm not any sort of investor, man. I ain't got no money.

Next!

2. Invest with money you can afford

Jesus! Are they even listening to me, Voice? I ain't got no money!!!

Next!

3. Avoid jumping on to fads

What, like Mikeycoin?! It could have worked, you know. 'They're taking the piss.' Yes.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else?

I still haven't found the fresh start I'm looking for. 'Give it up, boss.' I'm not giving up. I'll never give up!

Listen! I need a fresh start where I can work hard on the things I need to get done, BUT(!) ... also have time to relax and enjoy "normal" life a bit. 'Ha! Normal life? Are you serious?' Just the occasional walk, man. Going to the shops, like yesterday. Or just watching TV or some YouTube videos.

Anyway, I'm going to follow Xavier Rolet's example. 'Tell us more.' Well, when he was at Goldman Sachs, he used to work around the clock Monday to Friday, and then take Saturdays and Sundays off. Sometimes he worked weekends, too, but not on a regular basis - I don't think. I mean, I'm not sure. I've read conflicting accounts. He once worked 130 hours in one week.

I'll start Monday. 'Why not now?' I've got a boxset of DVDs to get through. The weekend starts now! 'Oh, okay.' Yeah. "Normal" life. / I went around the shops in central London yesterday, and I bought the second series of This Life. Twenty-one episodes. I've had the first series for years, which I rewatched the other week, and I've seen the show a few times on TV. It's definitely the best TV show of the Nineties. Actually, the boxset also has the first series in it, and the ten-year reunion episode - which wasn't very good, but I'll watch it again.

So, that's my weekend taken care of.

Later(s), kook(s)!