Wednesday 16 March 2022

Increasing volume on Europe's structured products markets

Oh, what's all this?! 'It's a Eusipa press release, boss.' Really? Oh, okay. I ain't got no problem with that.

Brussels, 11 March 2022: Increasing volume on Europe's structured products markets.

Turnover in investment and leverage products on reporting European financial markets was up 12 percent both quarter on quarter and year on year in the fourth quarter of 2021, bringing the total to EUR 39 billion. These and other market data were sourced by the European Structured Investment Products Association (EUSIPA) from its members and analysed by Avaloq Evolution AG.

'Hang on a minute!'

What, Voice?

'Don't we have any British financial news any more?'

Well ... either they're too square to send it to me, or ... nothing is happening any more. But I don't care.

Live and let live!

Anyway ...

The members of EUSIPA who provide the figures for the market report include Zertifikate Forum Austria (ZFA), the Belgian Structured Investment Products Association (BELSIPA), Association Française des Produits Dérivés de Bourse (AFPDB), Deutscher Derivate Verband (DDV), Associazione Italiana Certificati e Prodotti di Investimento (ACEPI), the Netherlands Structured Investment Products Association (NEDSIPA), the Swedish Exchange Traded Investment Products Association (SETIPA), and the Swiss Structured Products Association (SSPA).

Fine. I mean, whatever, you know? 'Can we talk about music?' In a little while. Be patient.

Fourth-quarter turnover in investment products on European trading venues amounted to EUR 14 billion, 36 percent of total traded volume. Investment product turnover increased 11 percent, both quarter on quarter and compared with Q4 2020. Turnover in leverage products (Warrants, Knock-Out Warrants, and Constant Leverage Certificates) reached EUR 25 billion in the period from October to December, representing 64 percent of total turnover. Turnover in leverage products increased by 12 percent year on year and by 13 percent from Q3 2021.

Interesting!

At the end of December, trading venues located in reporting EUSIPA markets were offering 376,649 investment products and 1,427,196 leverage products. As such, the number of listed products was constant on a quarterly basis and up 7 percent on the previous year.

Okay.

Banks issued 1,363,596 new investment and leverage products in the fourth quarter of 2021, up 8 percent on the previous quarter and up 2 percent annually. In total, 112,697 new investment products were launched, accounting for 8 percent of new issues; the 1,250,899 new leverage products represent 92 percent of the total. There were 24 percent fewer investment products launched than in the same quarter of 2020. On the leverage products side, issuance increased by 10 percent from Q3 2021 and by 6 percent on an annual basis.

Oh.

For Austria, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland, the market volume of investment and leverage products issued as securities increased by 5 percent quarter on quarter to EUR 314 billion, and 12 percent year on year.

Okay.

At the end of December, the market volume of investment products increased to EUR 299 billion - up 4 percent quarter on quarter and 11 percent year on year.

Right.

The outstanding volume of leverage products totalled EUR 14 billion at the end of December. This represents a 42 percent increase on a year-on-year basis.

Nice one!

And ...

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else? ‘Can we talk about music, boss?’ You're enthusiastic today. 'I was watching you play that ballad last night.' You had no business doing that. 'I like to keep an eye on you.' Well, I don't need it. Thank you.

Idiot!

Anyway, I've slowed that new tune down, and changed the melody a bit, and it might be a ballad now. I need a chorus. I need to sort the rhythm out. I'm not sure how good this song is going to be yet. I suppose it all depends on the chorus.

Oh, that go go go vocal exercise thing ... I've been doing it for two and a half years now, BUT(!) ... I've been really consistent with it in the last six months. I've been doing ten minutes in the morning, and ten in the afternoon, Monday to Friday, and I've only missed one session. / Actually, last August ... I think I was only doing six or seven minutes per session. But now it's ten, the last three or four months, and - 'And what?' And my voice has improved massively as a result. 'Not me! I'm still the same!' Yeah, I know that.

I can't get the staff.

Fitness? My weight has been staying the same lately but I reckon I'm getting slimmer. Fat must be turning to muscle without weight being lost, which is okay, I suppose, but I should lose more weight. I'm glad I switched to those heavy dumbbells. I can really feel the difference in my body after twenty or thirty minutes. Better than those light ones.

Er ... will I ever stop these updates, kook(s)? It's possible. Maybe when I launch my demo. But what will I write about instead? 'Finance.'

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS